Mpls motorcycle show - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jan 16th, 2011, 5:30 pm Thread Starter

Mpls motorcycle show

Does anybody have reliable information on why BMW wasn't at last years show? Are they going to be at this years show? I know there are a couple of dealers at the show but no manufacturers support. Minnesota has one of the highest percent of the population with a motorcycle endorsement. You would think they would want to be here. Really I want to see the K1600.

2Wheelroadtrip (Barney)
03 LTC
82 Aspencade
Time Out camper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's not where we go. It's that we go.

The information from this site and its members has proven to be invaluable again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jan 16th, 2011, 6:32 pm

Re: Mpls motorcycle show

Hey Barney,
I'm a AZ transplant from MN. At least the IMS stops in Mpls...the promoters cancelled the Phoenix show these past couple years. They tell me it is because with the economy, the manufacturers marketing budgets have been cut, so the reduced the total number of shows by eliminating some locations. Not sure if that is the reason why BMW has only been at the NYC and Long Beach shows these past couple years, but I ended up taking a 7 hour drive to Long Beach back in December in order to see and sit on the new K1600's.

The Mpls show is a very well attended show - I suspect partially because everyone gets stir crazy from the winter...

Scott

In the garage:
'12 K1600 GTL (took delivery 5/25)
'12 Ducati Monster EVO 1100
'08 Big Dog Pitbull
'79 Honda CX 500 Deluxe (restored)

Past:
'09 BMW R1200R
'09 BMW K1200 LT
'08 Victory Vision
'06 Yamaha FJR1300
'03 BMW K1200 LT
'02 Gold Wing 1800
'98 Yamaha Roadstar
'96 GoldWing 1500
'79 Honda CX500
'77 GoldWing 1000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old Jan 16th, 2011, 11:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Wheelroadtrip
Does anybody have reliable information on why BMW wasn't at last years show? Are they going to be at this years show? I know there are a couple of dealers at the show but no manufacturers support. Minnesota has one of the highest percent of the population with a motorcycle endorsement. You would think they would want to be here. Really I want to see the K1600.
I've heard BMW will not have the 1600 in MN. Only CA and NY. Oh well.

Ponch

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone."

2009 RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335
VROC 8109-R
VBA 19

post #4 of 4 Old Jan 19th, 2011, 5:57 pm

Got an email from Moon Motorsports saying they were heading to Vegas in a couple weeks to see the 1600. Guess there won't be one at the MN show.
BMW hasn't been there for at least 3 years.
A couple years ago Leo's didn't have one BMW at the show--they filled their display area with scooters. About what I'd expect from them...

Brian Heller
2001 LTC-Pacific Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in