My new to me toy. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Mar 31st, 2010, 9:26 pm Thread Starter

My new to me toy.

Getting back to my riding roots. I started out on a 73' Yamaha 100cc enduro. This is my new toy. 98' DR350 Off Road plated. It has been a labor of love, sort of. New front pads and MC. Mirrors, grips, tires, chain, horn installed, tail light, brake switch on rear MC, oil & filter, UNI air filter, forks disassembled and cleaned (new oil, petcock cleaned and new O ring installed. Steering head and wheel bearings checked, greased the rear shock linkage, lubed cables. Can't think of anything else at the moment.
Getting these next week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMW'S ARE THE WORST BIKE IN THE WORLD, CEPT' WHEN YOU COMPARE THEM TO EVERYTHING ELSE!

Last edited by OU812; Mar 31st, 2010 at 11:49 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Mar 31st, 2010, 10:51 pm

Re: My new to me toy.

Congrats!!!

Looks like a blast to ride and to tinker with -- nice pics, BTW
post #3 of 11 Old Apr 1st, 2010, 7:18 am Thread Starter

Thanks! The pics were taken by my friend Ed, who has done most of the work.
Story here:
http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/...c,50555.0.html

BMW'S ARE THE WORST BIKE IN THE WORLD, CEPT' WHEN YOU COMPARE THEM TO EVERYTHING ELSE!

post #4 of 11 Old Apr 1st, 2010, 8:15 am

Nothing wrong with that.... except you'll find muscles you forgot you had... I guess... and hope you get back into shape quickly...
post #5 of 11 Old Apr 2nd, 2010, 7:22 am Thread Starter

It will take some time to get into riding (this bike) shape.

post #6 of 11 Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 11:43 am
Lifetime Supporter

Hey Steve. Nice little toy ya got yourself. Where do you go to ride it?

I've got the LT out and ready to roll. Let me know if you want to do a day trip somewhere.

Have fun,
Jer

Jerry Palma
99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 5)
97 K1100LT Aspen Silver Night High Line 'Silver Knight'
85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'
08 535xi Space Gray metallic
09 328i Silver Convertable
17 X3 Glacier Silver metallic

BMWMOA #157323 / ABC #11368 -- All-in-all a newbie!

I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!
post #7 of 11 Old Apr 4th, 2010, 7:19 am

It's too clean, time for some dirt and mud!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #8 of 11 Old Apr 4th, 2010, 8:28 am
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Steve nice ride! Now go get it dirty

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #9 of 11 Old Apr 4th, 2010, 9:20 pm Thread Starter

Brought it home today. Installed the seal Savers and swapped out the rear shock with a street version so I can ride it while I have the orig rebuilt and a bigger spring for MY added weight.
Jer, Have not had the chance to ride it yet. My RT has been sitting WAY too long, so I am ready to ride!

Last edited by OU812; Apr 4th, 2010 at 9:58 pm.
post #10 of 11 Old Apr 16th, 2010, 7:15 am Thread Starter

Rode the little bugger to work this week just to make sure it will stay running right. So far so good. This Sunday:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...40304&page=138

post #11 of 11 Old Apr 30th, 2010, 10:49 pm Thread Starter

Took it out for the Armpit ride. Handled great! But got tired of shifting....Coming off a CR500 18 years ago my dirt legs still worked sorta. So this is my new ride come Saturday.

Jumping from 28HP to 50.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in