Finding Ohio Riders - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old Dec 31st, 2009, 12:19 pm Thread Starter

Finding Ohio Riders

While Stumbling thru some older posts to fill my head with useful knowledge, I ran across a few Ohio people I've not noticed before and thought I should compile a list of Buckeye riders. I thought it would be handy to have for RTE's, tech sessions, weekenders, whatever. I wonder if there is a way to search for members geographically?
Here is the partial list that I have compiled. A few of you I have met, the rest I hope to meet. I hope you don't mind me listing your handles in this forum:
Jsciullo, hoodoodrum, hschisler, messenger13, wipatters, florian, Dmilan, jpannier, Pmitchell, Pat, glenhinegardner, cavsfan2703, rkirker.
Feel free to drop me a line and let me know if you're still around, and if you would be interested in getting together for group events. If your not on my list yet but would like to be added, (surrounding states are fine as well) please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobobomy!
87 K100RS Tooling round town edition
01 K1200LT Luxo-Barge
83 Yamaha XJ Turbo Forced Air Futility
83 GPz 1100 Thrashed, Trashed & Crashed
74 Honda 500-4 Mad Max reincarnate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old Dec 31st, 2009, 12:34 pm

Re: Finding Ohio Riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family_fun
While Stumbling thru some older posts to fill my head with useful knowledge, I ran across a few Ohio people I've not noticed before and thought I should compile a list of Buckeye riders. I thought it would be handy to have for RTE's, tech sessions, weekenders, whatever. I wonder if there is a way to search for members geographically?
Here is the partial list that I have compiled. A few of you I have met, the rest I hope to meet. I hope you don't mind me listing your handles in this forum:
Jsciullo, hoodoodrum, hschisler, messenger13, wipatters, florian, Dmilan, jpannier, Pmitchell, Pat, glenhinegardner, cavsfan2703, rkirker.
Feel free to drop me a line and let me know if you're still around, and if you would be interested in getting together for group events. If your not on my list yet but would like to be added, (surrounding states are fine as well) please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.
Hi, John - one good way to sort thru areas for rider's who post a fairly complete bio is to use the search forum in the 'member list' pages. Click on the "Member Info" header (listed next to the calendar header on this page); then click on the "Member List" in the drop down menu; then, look for the search button and click on "Advanced Search" item. I fill in the *state* and the *country*. The state search function will display, for my example, folks in *Texas*, then I do another using *TX*. You'll get two lists, depending on how folks listed their state in their bio. Good luck.
post #3 of 24 Old Dec 31st, 2009, 2:41 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
So John, inquiring minds want to know (continuing from your FIRE post ! ) if you still have that lady in your life?

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2005 Pyrenees of France & Spain
2006 Tuscany
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 South Africa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Northern & Central Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #4 of 24 Old Dec 31st, 2009, 3:09 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell
So John, inquiring minds want to know (continuing from your FIRE post ! ) if you still have that lady in your life?

Which lady are you referring to Paul, the one that caught fire behind my legs or the one that causes fire between my legs?

Happily they are both still around, both still causing me grief but well worth the time and effort I put into them! One has consumed much of my time of late so the other (LT) is sitting forlornly in the garage, waiting for me to spend some time on her. I hope to pull the rear caliper this weekend to see what the situation is. That is a bummer as I hoped to ride her tomorrow (New Year's Day) to the annual Polar Bear Swim at Huntington Beach. If you think you get some funny looks riding at this time of year, imagine the stares as you ride up to take a swim in Lake Erie!

01 K1200LT Luxo-Barge
post #5 of 24 Old Dec 31st, 2009, 3:31 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Dick, that is a great idea!

I did find a few others in my perusing that I thought I'd add to my list:

ironbuttwannabe. dux216, shadowofshoe, mwnehas, LTinOH, FredTurner, MOPman, mkiesel, jmeese, Ised8m.

Let me know if I can add you to a buddy list so that it would be easier to contact all for outings. Trips planned for next riding season are Cape Breton in Nova Scotia, and more locally, Wright Patterson Airforce Museum http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/ and Centralia, Pa. home of the 46 year old underground coal fire: http://www.offroaders.com/album/centralia/centralia.htm

Note to Admins: I apologize as this post would probably be better suited in the Mid West forum. Feel free to move as you see fit.

01 K1200LT Luxo-Barge
post #6 of 24 Old Jan 1st, 2010, 7:55 pm

Hey John

Sometimes we get together at the upcoming motorcycle show at the IX center in January. It all depends on what day and work if I can make it for the group get together, but I am planning on going.

Glen
post #7 of 24 Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 9:43 am

Quote:
I live in southern Ohio and would be interested in group rides/RTE.
Happy new years...

Dave

2010 K1300GT
2009 1200RT
2005 GL1800
1992 ZX-10
1984 500 Interceptor
post #8 of 24 Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 11:20 am

I'm stuck here in wonderful Orrville, Ohio AKA Smucker town a stone throw away from Amish country.
post #9 of 24 Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 11:37 am
mdh

Unhappy Re: Finding Ohio Riders

I'm located in Evendale, just north of Cincinnati. Have 03 ltc Impala Brown. Always looking for riders who enjoy the bmw experience. It is 17 here today so I have decided to leave mine parked in the garage.
post #10 of 24 Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 5:36 pm

Cleveland here as well.
Check out the BMW Motorcycle of Cleveland at www.bmwmoc.org
We have a lunch on the Saturday of the I-X Motorcycle show. Good time to get to meet some fellow Buckeye riders.

Rick Matisak
2000 K1200LT
1978 R100/7
post #11 of 24 Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 5:44 pm

Hi John,

I think we have chatted online or via a couple of PMs. You live near Baldwin-Wallace College, correct? I live near Rushville, OH, about 3 hours south of you - 1 hour SE of Columbus. I have been working 3 or 4 days/week (most weeks) at our office on Aerospace Parkway, immediately west of the airport and I go by your house twice a day.

I'm not riding to CLE now because of the road conditions, but I'd like to know about any RTEs or other get-togethers you coordinate.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #12 of 24 Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 8:23 pm

John,
I'm in Heath (30 mi east of Columbus). Work has a way of getting in the way of riding but I'm trying to correct that problem. Keep me in the loop.

Realmccoy
07 LT storm gray
09 KLR red/black
post #13 of 24 Old Jan 4th, 2010, 11:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realmccoy
... I'm in Heath (30 mi east of Columbus)...
Heath? Geez, you're about 30 minutes away from me (Rusvhille). You may be the closest LT. Good to know there's someone else out there!

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #14 of 24 Old Jan 7th, 2010, 7:51 pm

John-
There is a Mid-West section on this site. A great place to catch up on what people are doing. We should plan some kind of LT rally or something.
JIm

Jim in Dublin, OH

2005 - LT Ocean Blue (Catuffalo - Part Cat / Part Buffalo)
2002 - Moto Guzzi Cal Spec Sport
2000 - Moto Guzzi V11 Sport
post #15 of 24 Old Jan 7th, 2010, 9:59 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Just got back through the snow after the January meeting of the Cleveland BMW Club . In spite of the nasty weather there were about 25 in attendance representing at least 3 LT riders. We need to re-qualify our CPR and incident management skills later this winter.

pm
--
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2006 Tuscany

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
Sold in '67

post #16 of 24 Old Jan 8th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Hi: I am a new member down here in Cincinnati.

post #17 of 24 Old Jan 8th, 2010, 9:59 pm

Add me please
post #18 of 24 Old May 11th, 2010, 6:39 pm

Always up for a ride. Let me know if anything good is happening. I'm in NW Ohio.

Kent Fellers

post #19 of 24 Old Feb 16th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Cool Re: Finding Ohio Riders

Quote:
I'm in your area.Look me up sometime..Jim.

2004 K1200LT. Big Mama
1999 Suzuki Intruder VL1500LC. Betty Lou.
I'm a 4 percenter.
post #20 of 24 Old Feb 16th, 2013, 2:45 pm
Lifetime Supporter

For those in NE OH (actually we have members in PA & IN) check out BMWMOC

Lots of activities in "Photo Gallery"

I throw together the quarterly newsletter . . CCN (Cleveland Club News) Send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send you the latest copies for our activities. Great Group of Riders!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CCN Fall 2012.pdf (460.4 KB, 60 views)

pm
--
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2006 Tuscany

2011 South Africa

'18 R1200RTW
Sold in '67

Last edited by PMitchell; Feb 16th, 2013 at 2:50 pm.
post #21 of 24 Old Feb 18th, 2013, 3:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell
For those in NE OH (actually we have members in PA & IN) check out BMWMOC
I have a BMW LT.

Because I ride an LT, ALL of Ohio is NE except when you are SW of Cincinnati and can see the Indiana/Kentucky border.

Dave
Dayton

Dave

2000 BMW 1200LT
1989 PC 800
2005 Suzuki Bergman (sold to buy 1200LT)
1974 Honda 360CL (didn't move out of California with me)
post #22 of 24 Old Mar 13th, 2013, 4:20 pm

I'm in the Dayton area. 07RT

Dean Wirsing
post #23 of 24 Old Mar 13th, 2013, 7:40 pm

With no intention of high jacking this thread I am part of a group trying to organize a club in the SW Ohio area. If any are interested please email me at [email protected]., or send me a PM

Thanks,
post #24 of 24 Old Mar 14th, 2013, 9:35 am
Lifetime Supporter

We need to plan a ride on the Triple Nickle this summer!

pm
--
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2006 Tuscany

2011 South Africa

'18 R1200RTW
Sold in '67

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in