Tech session? Marion In. area - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Aug 15th, 2009, 11:29 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Raymarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Marion, In, USA
Posts: 268
Tech session? Marion In. area

I was wondering if anyone on this board is doing maintenance on their own bike. In the Marion In. area. I had always used Revard but they have closed. Woodson's left a oil leak for me to repair, so I don't want to go to them. I need to open the engine and reseal it and I thought I might do the weep hole thing if anyone in the area knows how. I have spark plugs and all the oils to change also. Let me know if anyone is willing to help out. I have room in my garage but no lift. If someone has a lift I'd be glad to do it at their place. As I'm kinda old and fat to be laying on the ground doing this stuff. It doesn't have to be in Marion but not too far.

Ray Marks

The only safe intersection is the one you just passed.

2002 LTE My Blue Mistress
Raymarks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old Aug 16th, 2009, 2:09 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lafayette, IN,
Posts: 244
Re: Tech session? Marion In. area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymarks
I was wondering if anyone on this board is doing maintenance on their own bike. In the Marion In. area. I had always used Revard but they have closed. Woodson's left a oil leak for me to repair, so I don't want to go to them. I need to open the engine and reseal it and I thought I might do the weep hole thing if anyone in the area knows how. I have spark plugs and all the oils to change also. Let me know if anyone is willing to help out. I have room in my garage but no lift. If someone has a lift I'd be glad to do it at their place. As I'm kinda old and fat to be laying on the ground doing this stuff. It doesn't have to be in Marion but not too far.
Ray, I am sure we will want to have a session soon in the Lafayette Area. I just had a weekend session on VERY short notice a bit back and promise we can do most all you are thinking of when we have it. I sounds like we have several members in the area that have interest in getting together and wrenching as well. I will get a note to a couple of the guys and see if we can come up with a date or two to choose from. We also have a couple of us that want to do the weep hole, and will look for an experienced person to lead us through that project, as I have the tools but not the experience. Watch this space for a session and glad to hear of another local LT !.

Bill
__________________
'05 LT
'03 Aprilia Capo
'00 1500 Intruder - gone but not forgotten
KLR650
Looking for the next machine :<)
Lafayette, Indiana
billd is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old Aug 16th, 2009, 7:39 am
Member
 
Holy Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kokomo, IN, USA
Posts: 79
Re: Tech session? Marion In. area

I would be interested in the weep hole as well.

Regards,
Larry

'99 K1200LT

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't"
Holy Cow is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old Aug 16th, 2009, 3:44 pm
Senior Member
 
Razmataz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pesotum, Il, USA
Posts: 1,334
Re: Tech session? Marion In. area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Cow
I would be interested in the weep hole as well.
+1 on the weep hole here too. Would at least like to see it done once, since mine needs it too. Found out there's a Harbor Freight Store less than 20 miles from me. Been eye-ing that $400 lift, but the SO has been eye-ing me!

BMW 1200 LTC 2002


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Illinois...The Only State Where The Governors Make The License Plates
Razmataz is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old Aug 17th, 2009, 3:15 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Raymarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Marion, In, USA
Posts: 268
Re: Tech session? Marion In. area

I used to go through Lafayette on a weekly basis. In the pre Hoosier Lotto days. No need to rush things on my account. I should be free anytime. If you need me to bring any extra tools let me know. And I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Thanks billd! Looks like the weep hole has plenty of takers too. I live in a small subdivision and have a fellow LT'er in the neighborhood I think 34 houses. He saw mine and had to have one too, kinda wished he'd got one a different color. Nice to have a LT neighbor though.

Ray Marks

The only safe intersection is the one you just passed.

2002 LTE My Blue Mistress
Raymarks is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old Aug 18th, 2009, 1:31 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lafayette, IN,
Posts: 244
Re: Tech session? Marion In. area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymarks
I used to go through Lafayette on a weekly basis. In the pre Hoosier Lotto days. No need to rush things on my account. I should be free anytime. If you need me to bring any extra tools let me know. And I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Thanks billd! Looks like the weep hole has plenty of takers too. I live in a small subdivision and have a fellow LT'er in the neighborhood I think 34 houses. He saw mine and had to have one too, kinda wished he'd got one a different color. Nice to have a LT neighbor though.

Very cool.. well tell him to join us and when we get this thing set.. we can meet some new folks !! What I really hoping for is an experienced weep hole person to show us. But if we don't find one pretty soon I guess I will just dive in on one of our bikes and learn by doing as I do have the written procedure !!! I suspect shortly after CCR we might have a couple more takers and I will propose some dates.

Bill
__________________
'05 LT
'03 Aprilia Capo
'00 1500 Intruder - gone but not forgotten
KLR650
Looking for the next machine :<)
Lafayette, Indiana
billd is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old Aug 18th, 2009, 2:16 pm
Member
 
mljmd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Seymour, IN, USA
Posts: 91
Re: Tech session? Marion In. area

I'm there!
mljmd7 is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old Aug 18th, 2009, 3:21 pm
Senior Member
 
Toolman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Katy, TX - USA
Posts: 507
Re: Tech session? Marion In. area

Depending on when you fellas get together, I might be able to head down there and join you. Marion is about 2.5 hours from Valparaiso. I've done both weep holes on mine. Certainly not a pro, but it not uncharted waters for me either. Unfortunately, I've got commitments for the next 4 weekends and wouldn't be available until Sept 19th, then again on Sept 26th. In short, my attendance is tentative at best, so don't let my availability even be a consideration in the date selection.
Cheers, Toolman

I wish I could think of clever things to say in my signature.
Toolman is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old Aug 18th, 2009, 4:32 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lafayette, IN,
Posts: 244
Re: Tech session? Marion In. area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman
Depending on when you fellas get together, I might be able to head down there and join you. Marion is about 2.5 hours from Valparaiso. I've done both weep holes on mine. Certainly not a pro, but it not uncharted waters for me either. Unfortunately, I've got commitments for the next 4 weekends and wouldn't be available until Sept 19th, then again on Sept 26th. In short, my attendance is tentative at best, so don't let my availability even be a consideration in the date selection.
Cheers, Toolman

Thanks Toolman!! We would probably have the session at my place in Lafayette.. But you are the first to reply that has done the weep hole.. that is a bonus .. we of course can do more than that if guys want to do so.. but certainly a mission as several of us want to see and do it on our machines ! The dates you indicate at first glance are not too bad either as we want to make sure CCR is over in case some that might want to attend will be back home.

Bill
__________________
'05 LT
'03 Aprilia Capo
'00 1500 Intruder - gone but not forgotten
KLR650
Looking for the next machine :<)
Lafayette, Indiana
billd is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old Aug 19th, 2009, 8:35 pm
Senior Member
 
lurch102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posts: 345
Re: Tech session? Marion In. area

I'd be interested in coming as I'm a newbie to the weephole mod and would like to meet some of the locals as well. My schedule's a mess as well - death valley the next two weeks and vancouver the following one, but will try to show up if I'm around.

Lurch
'40 knucklehead chop
'00 LTC - Pacific Blue
--------------------------------
"As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way. - Jack Handy
lurch102 is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old Oct 27th, 2009, 2:13 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Raymarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Marion, In, USA
Posts: 268
Re: Tech session? Marion In. area

Have we decided a date or has it gotten too cold?

Ray Marks

The only safe intersection is the one you just passed.

2002 LTE My Blue Mistress
Raymarks is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old Jul 12th, 2010, 11:32 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Raymarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Marion, In, USA
Posts: 268
Re: Tech session? Marion In. area

just kicking this to the top to see if a tech sessiion might be in the works.

Ray Marks

The only safe intersection is the one you just passed.

2002 LTE My Blue Mistress
Raymarks is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is anyone holding a tech session in the DC Metro area? swamprat Central East 7 May 30th, 2009 8:44 pm
Denver area tech session? mowoc K1200LT 12 Apr 10th, 2007 11:11 pm
Write up on Jeff's tech session In Austin zimbazi South Central 5 Sep 22nd, 2006 9:18 am
Announcing: June 3rd Tech Session for Ct or anyone in the area Lzyellodog North East 45 Jun 4th, 2006 11:23 pm
Seattle Area Tech Session meese North West 31 Oct 24th, 2005 2:18 am

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome