BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Last riding day of 2019

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jers99lt 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Had my last riding day today. You'd think it was a typical summer day, except for the fact that I was wearing all my heated gear. Not turned up a lot, bit still necessary. The heated gloves at one point
"leaked" some ambient air. At the next stop light I adjusted the cuff and all was again fine.
It's truly a sad day having to hibernate the last bike to the cold we've been experiencing, so early. Hoping against all hope that spring will rise to an early occasion to ride again.

Hope you all have a great off season,
Jer

#2 ·
That’s one of the biggest reasons I moved from Wheaton Illinois in the mid-70s back home to the StL .Winters were and still are too long in the Chicago area. The other main reason too many people, to much traffic. I do miss Portillo’s though :smile:. I have never parked my bikes for winter here. Oh there are a few weeks when you can’t ride but not the whole winter. I feel your pain.

#6 ·
Just seems like an early end to the riding season. I've ridden in every month of the year, but not all in the same year. :) My R80RT is in Coloma, MI. Let's hook up for a ride sometime.

Have fun,
Jer

#4 ·
I live in southeast VA, not far from Norfolk and Virginia Beach. Winters here are generally mild. Compared to outside Buffalo, where I grew up. A typical December day here is a low in the upper 20's to low 30's with highs of 50-55*. Of course we have colder weather at times. A few years ago we had lows around zero. We get snow usually once or twice a year and it lasts a day or two. I can usually ride several days a month, if I so choose.

#5 ·
I also think yesterday was likely my last riding day of the year. With heated gear I could go longer but black ice is common up here in Minnesota and once you've had a taste of it, you don't want to try it again. Thanksgiving Weekend becomes time to put 'er away for the winter . . . :frown:

#7 ·
Hi Jer,
Glad to see that you are still here. We moved from Flossmoor to Sycamore last year so, now we are only 25 or so miles apart.
Lets meet up and take a lunch ride in the Spring.
Keith

#8 ·
Hi Keith,

Good to hear from you. You've moved to where I pass through often. I'm in! Maybe there are others on this forum that are hungry, too.:wave

Have fun,
Jer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.