Paul Yeager RIP - BMW Luxury Touring Community
BMW Luxury Touring Community BMW Luxury Touring Community
Home Forums Files Gallery Email Articles Surveys Calendar Technical Classifieds Rides

Community Announcements
CCR 2014 is set for Chattanooga . CCR 2014 is scheduled for August 26-29, 2014 at The Chattanoogan Hotel in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Located in the heart of downtown Chattanooga with spectacular views of beautiful Lookout Mountain and close to spectacular riding, this will be one to remember. General registration will begin in early 2014. If you dont know about the Curve Cowboy Reunion visit our website and see where we've been and what we've done.

Welcome to the BMW Luxury Touring Community.
The BMW Luxury Touring community exists to promote a friendly, on-line community specifically related to luxury touring on BMW motorcycles. The information on this site is primarily related to the BMW Motorcycles Flagship - the BMW K1200LT; however, all riders who like to travel two-up, enjoy the better things in life, and share many common interests amongst the larger BMW Luxury Touring community are welcome to join in on the fun.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. In order to use most of the features of the site, you must register. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any questions regarding this community, please use the Contact Us form and an we will get back to you ASAP.

Go Back   BMW Luxury Touring Community > Community > In Memoriam
User Name
Password
Register Site FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 7:07 am   #1

Paul Yeager RIP

Dear BMW Club Friends and Fellow Riders,

We lost Paul to cancer on Sunday morning, June 6th. Below is his obituary which will appear in Tuesday and Wednesday's Chronicle. We would appreciate it if you would forward the obituary below to the Club membership as soon as possible. If you are able we would be pleased to have you join us for Paul's services. We will have details on Thursday for a gathering after the funeral. Motorcycles welcome.

Thank You and God Bless,
Janice, Nicholas, Christopher and Rosemary

Paul Nicholas Yeager passed away on June 6, 2010 after a long illness. Paul was born in Houston, Texas on November 11, 1948 to John Glenn (1915-2001) and Alice Christine Young Yeager (1922-70) and was the eldest of his siblings Mark Yeager of Clear Lake, Texas, Jan Yeager of San Francisco, California and Peter Yeager of Austin, Texas.

Paul spent his early years in New Orleans before coming back to Houston to stay. He graduated from Strake Jesuit High School in 1966 and from St. Thomas University in 1970 with a degree in Film Studies. Paul was an active volunteer at KPFT 90.1 FM in the early seventies and also served as Program Director. In 1973 he began a career at Houston Public Television, ultimately serving as the stationís Senior Producer-Director for Cultural Affairs Programming. Paul was a gifted writer and cinematographer, and during his tenure at Channel 8 he wrote, produced, directed and filmed numerous award-winning documentaries and short works of fiction. In 1994 he formed his first multimedia company, Creative Edge, followed by FYI-Net, L.P. and FYI-Media. Paul produced a broad range of digital media receiving numerous awards and himself was named one of the Top 100 Producers by AV Video Producer Magazine in 1999.

On November 27, 1974 Paul married Janice Ann Lindley and they are the loving parents of Nicholas Lindley, Christopher Paul and Rosemary Ann. Nicholas is an internal consultant for Lufthansa Technik in Hamburg, Germany, Christopher is a fine artist and clothing designer residing in New York City and Rosemary is an insurance broker residing in Houston. Paul was an active father, always having time for his children and a positive influence in their lives in ways large and small. He was also an outstanding chef, a willing gardener, a lover of music and of the performing and visual arts, and a long distance motorcyclist and travel author with articles published in Cycle World Adventures and the premier issue of Iron Butt Magazine.

In 1971 Paulís Father married once more to Jean McConkey Arthur and included among his siblings are Alison Arthur Brigham of Michigan, Dogan Arthur of Massachusetts, Susan Arthur Whitson of Washington D.C. and James Arthur of Pennsylvania. Numerous nieces, nephews, cousins and friends also survive Paul.

Funeral services for Paul will take place at Holy Rosary Church, 3617 Milam St., on Thursday, June 10 at 10 a.m. with interment to follow at Glenwood Cemetery, 2525 Washington Ave. If you wish to make a donation in Paul Yeagerís name, please make it to Houston Hospice (www.HoustonHospice.org).

Old Jun 9th, 2010, 8:03 am   #2

Re: Paul Yeager RIP

May Paul rest in the merciful arms of God..

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

May the souls of the faithful departed rest in the mercy of God. Amen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cfell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 8:57 am   #3

Godspeed, Paul - Godspeed to one of the nicest individuals I've had the personal pleasure of knowing. Blessings to the many in his family; to Janice; to Peter (as most know, the co-owner of Lone Star BMW/Triumph in Austin); to Mark and Jan, and to all the folks who were fortunate to have known Paul throughout his personal and business careers.
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 10:08 am   #4

Paul was one of the really good friends I had in Houston. He and Janice had become dependable companions for Debby and me during trips to Fredericksburg and our yearly Houston BMW Club rides. I know I first met Paul at the first club meeting shortly after I bought my '00 LT. Funny though, it seems I've known him forever.

Goode Company BBQ is always on my schedule when I return to Houston and Paul is always who I call to meet me there. I called two weekends ago as usual and Janice told me he had come home from the hospital. I knew in my heart I was losing a great friend.

I'll be leaving today for tomorrow's Memorial Mass. I know I'll go by Goode Co but I may not be able to sit by myself and eat. Man, this hurts.
2000 Basalt LTC (Down for the count)
Kansas City, MO 64153
eatanner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 10:44 am   #5
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

My prayers go out to the Yeager Family. I never had the pleasure of meeting Paul but I have known his brother Peter for years & have heard many stories about Paul.

God Speed Paul