BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

So Long Lil Buddy

3K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  ibbones 
#1 ·
Our 11 month old Yorkie needed surgery on his hips to fix a birth defect. Well thing did not go as planed. His lil heart just stopped. The doctor did every thing he could but it was just Max's time I guess. Sometimes life is plain not fare, but we will go on. Here's a few pics of Max from a few weeks ago.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh that is so sad! Sorry to hear that. What a precious little thing. Well just take comfort in knowing that he probably had the best 11 month life being with you guys. Thinking of you - it's hard to loose a pet.

#4 ·
Stevie and Sammie,

We are so sorry for your loss. Sometimes it helps just to know that someone understands and cares...Ann and I, along with a whole lot of folks here do.

#6 ·
I have owned dogs all my life and I know how hard it is to lose one. You have my sympathy and condolences. I had a Walker Hound when I was young on the farm and he went everywhere with me. It has been thirty five years since he died and I miss him still. There is nothing more soul salving than to lay on a knoll with a dog you loves you and let nature touch your psyche.

#8 ·
My heart goes out to you and your family. When we had to put my 14 YO Lil Buddy down earlier this month, someone posted about a place called the Rainbow Bridge. May this bring you the same comfort it brought me:

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

#12 ·
Steve & Sammie, I am sooo sorry. I know what it's like to loos a family member. Godspeed to ya'll.

#14 ·
Steve and Sammie, there's really nothing I can say that will ease the pain of your loss
except maybe that eventually the pain will fade away
and all that will be left are the sweet memories of the unconditional love your "buddy" gave so willingly.

I'd like to share this "little story" with you as a sort of illustration of what I hope lays ahead for you also.

My wife and I were on our morning walk
when a random thought entered my mind and a smile came across my face,
within moments I was "beaming"
It was a memory of my Scruffy (a Cairn Terrier full of personality)

Many years ago we where out on a river in my boat swimming and snorkeling,
when I dove down to the bottom,
Scruffy saw me go under and jumped in after me,
such was his courage, dedication and love for me,
I still miss him but smile every time I think of him

Cherish your good memories!

#19 ·
katnapinn said:
Lil Max's final resting place .I ordered some "Marblewood" and made Max an urn. I think he would approve. The label on top is his dog tag
O'hh gonna make me cry. So long Max.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.