Another PIAA 1100 Mounting Option - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old May 4th, 2006, 8:22 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up Another PIAA Mounting Option

Received from George Lewis of the SA BMW Riders:

Hi, while I don't ride a BMW, I do know many of you and eat with you once in a while. I ride a '02 Orange Trike now.

I write this because I have a friend who owns a fine tool and die company in El Dorado, AR. His name is James Gordy of Gordy Tool Co.

He rides a K1200LT and has made some quality lights you might be interested in. James is a quality guy and I have known him for many years. Look at his web site, you might like what you see.

http://lumalink.com and
http://gordytool.com

Dave Moore
Boerne, Texas
Chain-driven '08 Blazing Orange Triumph Tiger 1050i

Last edited by davemoore; May 4th, 2006 at 8:29 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old May 6th, 2006, 8:07 pm

Question lumalink light

anyone tried this light out? it looks like it might be worth a shot..
LumaLink™ Light Bracket for the K1200LT equipped with 55 Watt Cyber White™ 501 halogen lights.
post #3 of 3 Old May 6th, 2006, 9:20 pm

I had a great experience with customer service at Gordy Tool. They started out selling some of their K1200LT Cyber White kits on eBay before they set up their Lumalink company. I got one that was apparently an earlier design then they are now selling. I mounted them and on my first ride I sheared one of the lights off while braking in a low speed U-turn. I sent an e-mail to Gordy Tool and they immediately asked me to call them. I explained what happened and they asked me what the mount looked like. They said one of the earlier designed units must have mistakenly been sold on eBay. They immediately sent me a newer version of the mount and a replacement light. The newer style mount puts the lights lower and closer together. I have run with them for about 4000 miles now and I have not had any other problems. I set them up as low beam supplemental lamps and control them with an Autoswitch. I have been told by several people that the combination of the Lumalink lights and my HID low beams are very distinctive and noticeable. It is not a triangular configuration as some like to have but it is getting me noticed.

I have all the parts now to mount Hella FF50 driving lights under my mirrors as high beam supplements. So many farkles, so little time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in