HID-Online help!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old May 3rd, 2006, 11:07 pm Thread Starter

HID-Online help!!

I had my dealer install a High/Low beam HID kit from HID-Online last September at the time of the 12K service on my '05. The lights have been great. Coming home tonight my High beam would not come on. I checked the BMW stock fuses and the inline fuses I believe the dealer mechanic installed and all was ok there. I pulled the good low beam relay and put the high beam relay in its place and the low beam would then not work--I assumed bad relay. I installed the good low beam relay in the high beam position and the inline fuse blew and I dont have a spare 25 amp fuse. I am going to assume that the fuse blowing was coincidence and hope on a relay. I am planning on taking the offending relay to NAPA in the AM-anyone have any suggestions on a replacement-are there heavy duty relays I cam buy? I remember reading awhile back about replacing HID relays with waterproof units but the relay I have seems pretty well sealed.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old May 4th, 2006, 12:28 am
Senior Member (ret.)

Is the high beam indicator on per chance when the switch is off? If yes, you have a loose ground in the headlight. If not, then I would get a replacement relay and 2-3 extra 25 amp fuses. Just in case there is another issue.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #3 of 6 Old May 4th, 2006, 7:09 am Thread Starter

Thanks Raffy, high beam indicator functions normal. I am on the way to the NAPA store as soon as I pour some cofee down. I was concirned about the fuses but I did remember the mechanic added this fuse because of the draw across one of the stock wires. Hopefully they will be able to match the relay.

post #4 of 6 Old May 4th, 2006, 7:18 am

If NAPA can't, I know that AutoZone can. I've replaced both low and high beam relays with units from AutoZone. I just don't remember who they are made by.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #5 of 6 Old May 4th, 2006, 11:03 am Thread Starter

New relay and fuse did the trick. NAPA guy said it was a common relay and as long as the pins match you can almost always be gauranteed a fit. I bought an extra relay.
post #6 of 6 Old May 4th, 2006, 12:19 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in