Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: kings mountain, NC, usa
1.start with tip over wings, remove the 2 screws under them
2.remove silver trim attached to body of bike, 3 screws, 2 under, and one by the power outlet
3.remove the mirrors by pushing them toward the front of the bike, will pop off.
4.remove the turn signals, one phillips screw, undo the bulb by reaching in the nose to turn the housing
5.remove all the screws on the bottom of the main fairing, dont need to remove the very bottom fairing, think it is 3 screws
6.remove screws where the turn signals are positioned, 2 screws
7.remove the lower wind deflector, 3 screws, and 1 screw attaching the top of the fairing to the frame.
8.open the center cd cover, remove the 2 screws, remove the little cover by pulling down, exposing the other 4 screws that need to be removed
9. remove 2 screws on the side of the top of the fairing in the cd cover
10. lift up the seat, 1 screw on the fairing under the seat that needs to be removed
This completely loosens the fairing, pull the section of fairing near the seat away from the bike, there is a short spike that is attached through a rubber grommet, one this is done the fairing will come off. Do the same to the other side.
Nose cone removal
1. remove the silver tabs on the windshield by grabbing, squeezing and pulling toward you, remove both
2. remove the 4 screws holding the windshield on
3.remove 4 screws in the lip where the windshield rests, 1 on each side where the arms move, might need to adjust the windshield arms to get to these
4.remove the 2 gold screws, mirrors attach to these, 2 screws on the bottom side of the nose cone
5.open the dash light, put a small screwdriver one one side and pop it out, there is a screw inside that needs to be removed
6. grab the top deflectors and pull that section of plastic off
7.loosen the screw on the headlight adjuster and remove the knob, also a washer and plastic bolt, push the cable into the hole in the dash
8. there is now only one screw holding the nose cone on, remove it, but hold onto the nose cone
9. tilt the nose cone down and remove the connections for the temp sensor, headlights and parking light
10. this should completely free the nose cone from the bike, so you can work on putting the new hid on. Follow the instructions for that that has been previously posted and there will be no problem.
Last edited by sheldan2; Apr 19th, 2006 at 5:44 pm.