HID Low Beam ? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Apr 6th, 2006, 11:49 am Thread Starter

HID Low Beam ?

I've been reading the thread below about "Driving lights - Which to buy?. Now I'm really interested in the HID low beam. But nowhere in that thread is there a link to where to get the kit. I went to HID-Online.com but I didn't see where to buy the kit. I saw photo's of a KLT, but no link or info. on which kit to buy.

Can you guys tell me where to get the kit, approx. how much it costs, and about how long it takes to install.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Adkins
San Diego (Scripps Ranch), CA

2000 K1200LT Icon Basalt Grey

IBA Member # 19537
AMA # 242000
BMW MOA # 111485

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Fear is a reaction, courage is a decision"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Apr 6th, 2006, 12:08 pm

Try http://www.cqlight.ca/catalog/produc...products_id=63

Malcolm McGee
Little Rock, AR
'00 K1200LTC Canyon Red
'09 Kawasaki KLR 650
'96 Bunkhouse
IBA #24557
BMWMOA #117769

post #3 of 4 Old Apr 6th, 2006, 12:26 pm
RMW

Jeff,

Its been a while but I believe Janet is the lady I spoke with at HID when I ordered.

If you call her at Tel: +44 (0)1244 881961 (England) she can steer you to the correct kit. I think I read someplace that they have a combination high and low beam kit that is discounted if you have an interest in both.

The motorcycle section of the site doesn't break down the kits by model very well but they have a statement that LT custom kits are available. Really need to either email or call for the full details.

I had an after sale issue and was very satisfied with the service.

Looking at the site it looks like your kit will be $308. I recommend the 4100K temp light. It is much whiter than their 6000K. I have used a 5000K bulb and found even it to be too blue in color so I switched to the 4100K. There are some other kits for less money and many on this site have installed them hopefully they will chime in.

The overall quality and plug an play design of my kit was excellent. Installation means a day of taking off all the tupperware including the nose cone. The rest is pretty easy following the directions provided and the posts on the subject found on this site.

If you at all think you will want the high beam in the future do them both at the same time and save yourself a day of labor and some shipping costs. The high beam is truly amazing!

Good luck

Ron Wilkerson
05 LT
07 KLR
09 GSA

post #4 of 4 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 12:08 am

US source for HID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush1517
I've been reading the thread below about "Driving lights - Which to buy?. Now I'm really interested in the HID low beam. But nowhere in that thread is there a link to where to get the kit. I went to HID-Online.com but I didn't see where to buy the kit. I saw photo's of a KLT, but no link or info. on which kit to buy.

Can you guys tell me where to get the kit, approx. how much it costs, and about how long it takes to install.

Thanks,

Jeff
Here is a source that I found with a web search. They are based in the US but I have not used them and they are more expensive then Qlights. They also have sample picks of the different HID lights on the road

www.xtralights.com

Rusty Snyder
02 LTC Silver

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in