I'm Confused - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Sep 14th, 2010, 8:17 am Thread Starter

I'm Confused

Since I now have to commute in the dark several days a week, and boy does the stock lighting on the LT SUCK, I'm looking at an HID upgrade. Is there anyone that can tell me why the HID kit from Xenon depot Xenon depot kit costs over 6 times as much as the one from DDM tuning DDM Tuning kit? Has anyone on here had trouble with the DDM tuning kit? I have a hard time believing the Xenon depot kit is worth that much more. Any help is appreciated.

2001 K1200LTC
1998 Suzuki Marauder 800
1982 Suzuki GS550L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Sep 14th, 2010, 8:32 am

Re: I'm Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsandreels
Since I now have to commute in the dark several days a week, and boy does the stock lighting on the LT SUCK, I'm looking at an HID upgrade. Is there anyone that can tell me why the HID kit from Xenon depot Xenon depot kit costs over 6 times as much as the one from DDM tuning DDM Tuning kit? Has anyone on here had trouble with the DDM tuning kit? I have a hard time believing the Xenon depot kit is worth that much more. Any help is appreciated.
When I bought my LT (used) it had the Xenon HID low beam on it. Worked great. This summer the ballast went, so I ordered the DDM. Works just as good, and for about the price of a Silver Star bulb. Last night coming home from a 481 mile jaunt, I ended up with a flashing war with a couple of drivers. I won. I guess they didn't believe my first flash. I also got the high beam one, but I'm waiting on the weather to sour before I install it.

BMW 1200 LTC 2002

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Illinois...The Only State Where The Governors Make The License Plates

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in