Lights & Ezy Mount Brackets - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Feb 6th, 2006, 7:15 pm Thread Starter

Lights & Ezy Mount Brackets

Based on a recent question by a board member who was having a problem with his lights, and a couple of other circumstances I am aware of, I thought it might be appropriate to post a thread discussing do's and don'ts with my bracket kits.

Ezy Mount bracket kits are designed for use only with PIAA 1100PX and 004X Series lights on LTs. Many hours were spent in developing a fit, for both the automotive and the new PIAA 'Powersport' versions of these lights, as they seemed to be the most popular at the time; proved to be effective in providing the aux and/or conspicuity need we desired. Yes there were other lights I could have worked with, but in reality, the PIAA's fit the location better than most and in some cases at the time, were the only good candidates for the application.

I refused to apply knock-offs to my designs, because most of them are worthless in either light output, and quality of construction, or use of sub-standard materials that degrade much faster, such as reflectors, cheap h/w and other stuff...I tried some of the PEP Boys knockoffs and learned very quickly that they, were substandard, did not last very long and were very unstable when exposed to large amounts of rain !

I pay attention to quality in my designs and the components used, and did not want to mount cheap lights on my brackets. My brackets are built to last, so I wanted to use a quality light that matched those expectations.

As for light application, I would hope that new riders, especially those that have purchased used bikes, that may, or may not have my brackets already mounted, please be careful to follow my guidelines when mounting lights. I hate to hear that anyone has suffered damage to their fender and/or lights due to unexpected contact. Only the PIAA lights mentioned above are applicable to my bracket kits.

My newest bracket for the R1200RT will also be limited to the 1100PX and the 004X Series PIAA lights.

To Everyone out there ride safe, Jim

Jim Lawson 2016 R1200RT
Retired to NC !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Feb 20th, 2006, 7:47 pm

I purchased your mounting brackets from Raffy, only to find out that the lights I purchased are the automotive 1100X Platinum Series and not the "powersport" model.
The light bracket is a plastic piece and I am unsure as to the best way to mount them onto your brackets.
Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 7:36 am Thread Starter

Light Fitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
I purchased your mounting brackets from Raffy, only to find out that the lights I purchased are the automotive 1100X Platinum Series and not the "powersport" model.
The light bracket is a plastic piece and I am unsure as to the best way to mount them onto your brackets.
Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
__________________________________________________ ____
If you purchased my kit from Raffy, then you have the correct brackets for the Automotive lights. Hardware and instructions in the kit should guide you
thru everything. PowerSports lights are not recommended for my automotive bracket kit. To verify you have the automotive kit for the 1100PX lights, there are three mounting holes in platform, only one of them has a pressed SS Pemnut for the 10/32 mounting screw. The other two holes are for mounting the 004X lights using SS Pemnuts for the 6/32 mounting screws, and are only found in the 004 kit..

Only PIAA dealers, can sell the PowerSports Kits.

Jim Lawson 2016 R1200RT
Retired to NC !

post #4 of 4 Old Feb 24th, 2006, 5:04 pm

I bought the brackets from Raffy, but the lamps came from another source, and they are NOT the PowerSport... The mounting brackets attached to the lights are made of black plastic. So I guess I need to get the correct brackets that will fit in your mounts. Do you know a source for these brackets?

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in