HID VVME - anyone use? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Nov 12th, 2009, 3:33 pm Thread Starter

HID VVME - anyone use?

This forum is almost unanimous in the use of DDM hid kits. They do have a life time warranty. But they all use the slim ballast with a separate igniter,

Has anyone had first hand experience with the VVME kits? Their reiliability, etc.?

They do sell cheap replacement components to keep with you for spare parts in case you are on a trip and don't have time to deal with DDM's warranty replacement.

VVME kits have the HELLA ballast (with the igniter integrated into the ballast) and uses Phillips bulbs. The integrated ballast (VVME calls it the standard ballast) is about 1/2" larger in every dimension than the slim ballast offered by both VVME and DDM.

Since the standard VVME ballast does not have an external igniter, there is one less thing to hang somewhere. There is room for the larger ballast in my application. Thus, for my next application (an auto) I'm tempted to buy the VVME as they don't charge shipping - and the standard ballast is $18 cheaper - and if you factor in shipping - it's $30 cheaper than DDM. Of course it's not an apples for apples comparison as DDM only offers the slim ballast (which I don't need or like due to external igniter). On an apples to apples comparison (both slim) the unit price for an auto is the same except free shipping.

What do you think of VVME? .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jun 7th, 2010, 6:42 pm
Sit

Re: HID VVME - anyone use?

An old post, but I have been running the VVME HID in my GS since 07 with no issues at all. I just removed the HID from the hi beam in the GS and installed on my LT. Such a simple plug and play set up, no running extras BS wires ets. Mount the control box/ballast, plug in stock wires to HID connections, plug in bulb and hook altogether. Off and running. Love mine
post #3 of 3 Old Oct 12th, 2010, 8:45 pm

Re: HID VVME - anyone use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMc
This forum is almost unanimous in the use of DDM hid kits. They do have a life time warranty. But they all use the slim ballast with a separate igniter,

Has anyone had first hand experience with the VVME kits? Their reiliability, etc.?

They do sell cheap replacement components to keep with you for spare parts in case you are on a trip and don't have time to deal with DDM's warranty replacement.

VVME kits have the HELLA ballast (with the igniter integrated into the ballast) and uses Phillips bulbs. The integrated ballast (VVME calls it the standard ballast) is about 1/2" larger in every dimension than the slim ballast offered by both VVME and DDM.

Since the standard VVME ballast does not have an external igniter, there is one less thing to hang somewhere. There is room for the larger ballast in my application. Thus, for my next application (an auto) I'm tempted to buy the VVME as they don't charge shipping - and the standard ballast is $18 cheaper - and if you factor in shipping - it's $30 cheaper than DDM. Of course it's not an apples for apples comparison as DDM only offers the slim ballast (which I don't need or like due to external igniter). On an apples to apples comparison (both slim) the unit price for an auto is the same except free shipping.

What do you think of VVME? .

that is an old post, but i still want to post my ideas here....

my first HID kit is VVME 43K digital slim hid kit ordered from their site http://www.vvme.com (i believe most customers will be so familiar with this brand and site)

not the standard ballast. it still workes well till now so i never experienced with the DDM hid.... as for what you said their lifetime warranty, i think it is bull shit... what if your get a defective one from them,,, they will ask you to pay for the shipping to replace the bad one...

I'm not saying that DDM doesn't have a good product but once you have tried other HID lights i think you would find that for a few bucks more the VVME kits are worth it, thats just my personal opinion. The reason I like them is VVME kits are cheap, reliable, and almost identical to the factory HID and they are not blue like other kits.

just my personal ideas.................

Last edited by BMWrunner; Oct 12th, 2010 at 9:05 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in