Moto-Lights LED Option - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 12:52 pm Thread Starter

Wink Moto-Lights LED Option

Hey gang, Raffy at "Just Ride It Accessories" (on our Vendors List Forum) has added these LED bulbs to his list of products and these lights are great! I purchased a set from him at CCR and rode them back home by way of Texas and Calif, and they really do add illumination at night as well as attention getting during the day. We ended up doing some night riding in Arizona and I was happy they were there! I feel that they illuminate the sides as well as the factory Moto-Light bulbs did, but are much brighter!

And if you check them out, day or night, they are as white as my HID headlight, rather than the yellow appearance that the older bulbs had!

They may appear expensive, but are really a great investment considering the life of LED's. And they do add a lot to your conspicuity (sp?) during the daytime.

One real happy customer, no connection to the retailer, just feel folks should know what a great product this is.

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 2:06 pm

Re: Moto-Lights LED Option

Yup... You deal with a first class guy when you deal with Raffy...

My only concern was the 40 degree spread. I contacted him and they do have a 25 degree spread lamp... I did the 25's... like them a bit better than the 40's.

So you do have a choice... Several things I liked? You can grab them after they have been on awhile and they are cooler to the touch than the 55w lamps and the alternator does not have to grunt so hard when they are running. Hey at 6w, can you complain?

If you need a lamp, do the LED's... They are bright and GET NOTICED...

clicky

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

post #3 of 16 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 2:31 pm

So you have 6 watts, but how does the brightness compare to the std motolight?

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.

post #4 of 16 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 3:13 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Thanks John and Mark.

They are 6 watts (3 LED bulbs x 2 watts) total per each per unit. Total draw is 12 watts (2 x 6) compared to 110 (2 x 55). They are high intensity so they are brighter than a standard 55 watt Motolight bulb.

Those who want a wide spread beam, should go with the 40 degree pattern. Those who want a more focused beam, should go with 25 degree pattern.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #5 of 16 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 5:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffyK
Thanks John and Mark.

They are 6 watts (3 LED bulbs x 2 watts) total per each per unit. Total draw is 12 watts (2 x 6) compared to 110 (2 x 55). They are high intensity so they are brighter than a standard 55 watt Motolight bulb.

Those who want a wide spread beam, should go with the 40 degree pattern. Those who want a more focused beam, should go with 25 degree pattern.
All I want for Christmas is my two motolights...

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #6 of 16 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 6:41 pm

Garage

+1 for the LED's as well. Much brighter than the stock bulbs. A clean "white" light that matches the HID's!

Hoss
'Stupidity has a knack of getting its way.' --Albert Camus
'05- K1200LT - Gretchen
R.I.P. - '00- K1200LTE- "Barbara" - Retired at 168K 9/2011
MOA, IBA, EXR & RCB and TMI
post #7 of 16 Old Oct 13th, 2009, 11:04 pm

Hehe!

BMW 1200 LTC 2002

Illinois...The Only State Where The Governors Make The License Plates
post #8 of 16 Old Oct 13th, 2009, 11:51 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

post #9 of 16 Old Oct 29th, 2009, 8:57 pm

Raffy, do you have the original Moto Lights on your website? I have looked but can't seem to find them. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Thanks.

Mark

2000 Canyon Red LTC purchased 7/09
(dropped twice since I've owned it... once on each side for good measure!
)

2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic - Sold
post #10 of 16 Old Oct 30th, 2009, 8:50 am

Talking Re: Moto-Lights LED Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMark
Yup... You deal with a first class guy when you deal with Raffy...

My only concern was the 40 degree spread. I contacted him and they do have a 25 degree spread lamp... I did the 25's... like them a bit better than the 40's.

So you do have a choice... Several things I liked? You can grab them after they have been on awhile and they are cooler to the touch than the 55w lamps and the alternator does not have to grunt so hard when they are running. Hey at 6w, can you complain?

If you need a lamp, do the LED's... They are bright and GET NOTICED...

clicky
My riding buddy Jim and I now both have the LED Moto-Lights installed.. The lights are clean, cool and BRIGHT !! exactly what you would want. And with only 12 watts total instead of 70-100 depending on the lamps, there is more power for heated gear this fall !! Riding now with the high beam modulator and HID Low beams.. we look like "Lite Trains" coming down the road.. I know on a motorcycle I consider myself invisible.. but even a blind person would have a hard time missing me on the road.. and YES.. I wear a super bright yellow-green Hi-Vis jacket as well.. Hey.. you cant have too much visibility. Thanks Raffy !! Great addition !

Bill
KLR650
Looking for the next machine :<)
Lafayette, Indiana
post #11 of 16 Old Apr 24th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Hello. The lights mentioned in earlier threads don't seem to be available from this vendor.

Does anyone know where you can find some LED bulbs that do the job for Motolights without spending a fortune? I know you can get them from Motolights, but I'm looking for a less-expensive option.

Thanks
post #12 of 16 Old Apr 24th, 2011, 5:33 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by siman00
Hello. The lights mentioned in earlier threads don't seem to be available from this vendor.

Does anyone know where you can find some LED bulbs that do the job for Motolights without spending a fortune? I know you can get them from Motolights, but I'm looking for a less-expensive option.

Thanks
I got some MR16 LED Flood from Lowes for $20 a pair. They are not the "Spot" version so they don't have the same lumens, however I use them more for being seen than to see with them. The light right below the front end is excellent in dark parking lots and making tight turns.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 67k
2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #13 of 16 Old Apr 25th, 2011, 12:14 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by siman00

Thanks
Have had these for the last year
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30208
Plug 'n Play!

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #14 of 16 Old Apr 25th, 2011, 12:58 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Motolights now have their own LED lights they sell pre-packaged. I'm sure you can get the bulbs from them also.

I am closing down the business. Once my inventory on products zeroes out, I am removing that product from my website.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #15 of 16 Old Jul 24th, 2011, 10:35 am

I installed the LEDs from Moto-Lights to replace the 55W bulbs. They have a 10 degree spread. They are, as everyone has said, extremely visible from ahead and well worth the cost IMHO. With that narrow spread (and properly adjusted HIDs in my 09 RT, I rarely get flashed at night but have great night time lighting and daytime visibility.

It would be neat if there was a 25 degree spread to the sides but a 10 degree cut-off on top like the low beam headlights.

Stan
Lake Tahoe
post #16 of 16 Old Jul 24th, 2011, 10:52 am

I also installed the LED amber bulbs a couple of weeks ago. The connector on the left side was brittle and broken. Motolights sent me a new one with no questions asked. The only problem that I am noticing is that if I stall the bike and restart it, the lights do not come back on. I need to turn the Motolight switch off then on again. I can also replicate this when I turn the switch off and on fast. I do not know if it could be a bad relay? Any suggestions on the possible cause is appreciated. Something I will eventually check. Motolight said that they should come back on instantly.

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in