XenonDepot HID - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Sep 18th, 2009, 10:50 am Thread Starter

XenonDepot HID

Despite its higher cost, I just purchased a XenonDepot HID kit. I'm impressed with the quick responses from Steve in answering my questions and helping with my order. I really wanted the Phillips HID bulb and I like the fact that the ballast and relay is sealed to prevent water damage. Seems like a quality kit!

I know that many of you have said that a relay isn't needed, but I think I'll feel better using one. My question is this: XenonDepot's wiring harness includes a short ground wire coming off the wire from the relay to the ballast. Instructions are to attach the ground to a frame member up front near where the relay will be ziptied. Anyone know of a good place to attach the ground? Perhaps the headlight housing, or windshield motor bracket? I can always extend the ground back to the battery if necessary...but wondered if others had found an appropriate ground.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Paul Rakestraw
Boulder, CO

09 R1200RT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 K1200LTI
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wrecked at 91k miles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Sep 18th, 2009, 11:12 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: XenonDepot HID

I'd recommend the battery ground based on others' posts.
I have one of these for all of my electrical farkle ground connections.

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #3 of 6 Old Nov 12th, 2009, 8:45 pm
jsb

Paul, where did you mount that ground block? That looks like a great idea.

post #4 of 6 Old Nov 13th, 2009, 3:22 pm

Thank you for taking the time to post some feedback.

Enjoy,

Steve

Use our
tool to find the right lighting for your BMW LT, and the most up-to-date BMW LT lamp replacement guide!

1-877-522-2701 |

post #5 of 6 Old Nov 17th, 2009, 9:46 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb
Paul, where did you mount that ground block? That looks like a great idea.

I extended the ground wire back to the battery. That seemed like the easiest way to insure good ground. Output of the HID is awesome!

Paul

Paul Rakestraw
Boulder, CO

09 R1200RT

01 K1200LTI
wrecked at 91k miles

post #6 of 6 Old Nov 17th, 2009, 11:06 am

Enjoy =)

Use our
tool to find the right lighting for your BMW LT, and the most up-to-date BMW LT lamp replacement guide!

1-877-522-2701 |

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in