Under mirror brackets for LT? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Feb 14th, 2009, 6:20 pm Thread Starter
SEG

Under mirror brackets for LT?

I plan to buy PIAA Cross Country (CC) HID lights and I'd like to mount them under the LT mirrors. The CC lights weigh 14 ounces each so the brackets would have to be fairly heavy duty. Any suggestions on where I might find these type of brackets? I've never had HID lighting so I'm kind of guessing on the best height for mounting. Initially I thought that it would be good to mount on the brake calipers but that might cause the light to bounce around a lot so now I'm thinking that it would be better to mount then below those big LT mirrors. The HID will be a big help for high speed night time riding on the superslab. Appreciate the help.
Scott
NYC
'09 LT

- 2009 LT
- BMW MOA #92950
- BMW RA #41621
- IBA #35299
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Feb 14th, 2009, 8:04 pm

Re: Under mirror brackets for LT?

BMR Products makes an under mirror mount (K12DLM) for the k1200LT. On their K1200LT product page they show Driving Light Mounts. There is a drop down box to select the Mirror Mount or the Cowl Mount.

I used them to mount Hella FF50 driving light on my 2000. I don't think they weigh 14 oz. each. You might contact BMR and ask them if their brakets will be strong enough for your application.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

Last edited by jwd98056; Feb 14th, 2009 at 9:14 pm.
post #3 of 7 Old Feb 14th, 2009, 9:19 pm Thread Starter
SEG

Good recommendation

Thanks for the tip. Raffy identified the same company for an under mirror area bracket. I wonder if the brackets will hold a 14 ounce light? I'll check it out.

- 2009 LT
- BMW MOA #92950
- BMW RA #41621
- IBA #35299

post #4 of 7 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 8:59 am

Re: Good recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEG
Thanks for the tip. Raffy identified the same company for an under mirror area bracket. I wonder if the brackets will hold a 14 ounce light? I'll check it out.
I have the Hella FF200s mounted on my '05 LT using the bracket you describe. I don't know the weight of this light, but it isn't a lightweight unit.

I attached a photo; hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	light bracket.JPG
Views:	482
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	21847  

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]

Last edited by hschisler; Feb 15th, 2009 at 9:08 am. Reason: added photo
post #5 of 7 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 5:33 pm Thread Starter
SEG

Heavy duty bracket

The photo you posted sure is heavy duty. That surely would hold the PIAA Cross Country HID lights. I have another question. I've seen forum listers refer to setting the HIDs to the low beam setting. Is this setting the HIDs to turn on with the low beams or just aiming the lights to keep them low and avoid blinding oncoming traffic. Thanks.

- 2009 LT
- BMW MOA #92950
- BMW RA #41621
- IBA #35299
post #6 of 7 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 6:34 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Problem is that is the short version of the BMR Products light mounting bracket. The longer one is no longer made. They are worth their weight in gold.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #7 of 7 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 7:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffyK
Problem is that is the short version of the BMR Products light mounting bracket. The longer one is no longer made. They are worth their weight in gold.
Yeah they are
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00010.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	21852  

D.Kinsey
Santa Fe, Tx.
15 R1200RT
13 Ducati Panigale Tricolore

12 Ducati Diavel Carbon(SOLD)
08 K1200LT (born 12/19/07)(SOLD)

09 Triumph Sprint ST...RED(SOLD)
00 K1200LT Custom Painted(SOLD)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in