LED Running/Signal Kits - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Oct 19th, 2008, 12:24 pm Thread Starter

Lightbulb LED Running/Signal Kits

Working on a series of LED Module kits that can be used for front/amber, rear/red running and/or dual use running/signal aux lights. My source is a patented product, which is sealed against moisture intrusion and when installed properly can be used as running/signal light augmentation. Easy installation, with all materials needed included in kits. There will even be electronic diagram included for guidance. A white-light unit will also be available for use as license plate illumation for any custom applications, as needed..

These modules will be Chrome Plated and the intended BMW bikes will be the K1200LT and R1200RT models

Any feedback appreciated...

Jim Lawson 2016 R1200RT
Retired to NC !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Oct 19th, 2008, 8:56 pm

Re: LED Running/Signal Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzyMount

I'm interested, but don't like chrome. Would prefer argent paint or possibly stainless steel. Not black, don't like too much black trim either. Affordability is important to me but firstly any farkles on my ride need to look well integrated, like they belong. I like to keep the 'slippery' look too, nothing jutting out or hanging down anywhere.

Hey, you asked.

Rick
post #3 of 14 Old Oct 20th, 2008, 6:23 am Thread Starter

On the LT, these PODs will be attached to the Chrome Bumper Strips, front/rear, facing to sides. Can be placed on top or bottom, and will not extend past outside edge.

As these POD's were designed for the Custom Cruiser, Chopper market, I cannot get these POD's in-black. in order to do that, I must place an up-front order of 500 units with the mfg. and I don't think I can get enough orders to support that qty..

After I get the web page up, with pics, so users can see the application in-use, if I can get enough interest for black, as-in email inquires to support potential purchases of at least 85 kits (2-ea + installation accys), I will look into getting black from mfg.

Jim Lawson 2016 R1200RT
Retired to NC !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 Old Oct 20th, 2008, 7:04 pm

What do you have for the KGT ?

Larry
2009 Deep Blue K1300GT
post #5 of 14 Old Oct 20th, 2008, 7:41 pm Thread Starter

AS for the K-GT.. I did not look at those models yet, modules come in a step version and a flat version. most likely you will be able to identify with a possible application to your bike after I get pics posted to my new web page. it will be some time before that is available, as we have just started making plans to offer the lights. i do not have an expected date that the page will be available yet. still need do test mounts, produce pics and get content to webmaster for work..

Jim Lawson 2016 R1200RT
Retired to NC !

post #6 of 14 Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 11:00 am

Will you have something for the R1200 GSA? Mine is an '06.
Lee
[email protected]
post #7 of 14 Old Oct 30th, 2008, 6:42 am Thread Starter

I believe these type of light modules can be adapted to most anything, depending upon your bike and adaptable locations for mounting. They doublestick with very agressive ahesive strips. and I will be offering two styles, step-pods and flat pods, which will allow adaption to most surface inclinations, or flat areas, as needed. and with each unit having 48" of available wire for connection, you will most likely not need any more zipwire to complete your installation..

And not that LED's fail very often, but these pods contain 4 of the brightest LED's on the market at this time, and the units are designed so that if one LED does fail, 2 will remain lighted. unlike many of the 3 and 5 LED units that are out there, which if one LED fails, the rest will not work !

Jim Lawson 2016 R1200RT
Retired to NC !

post #8 of 14 Old Feb 19th, 2009, 7:39 pm

Any chance they could be designed to fit in the vents on the front of the K12LT mirror like these do in another Lighting thread? Perhaps if they had LED lights that illuminated forward somewhere between 90 - 15 degrees.

Avatar credit: Curtis Callaway, 2009
Rider of Stahlross
1999 Basalt Grey LT
2001 Classic Red Ducati 748

Last edited by wacolt; Feb 19th, 2009 at 7:46 pm.
post #9 of 14 Old Feb 20th, 2009, 10:33 am

EzMount, Let see some pics of your nifty LED light strip?

I wish I could think of clever things to say in my signature.
post #10 of 14 Old Feb 20th, 2009, 3:16 pm

Interested in.... Any photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzyMount
Working on a series of LED Module kits that can be used for front/amber, rear/red running and/or dual use running/signal aux lights. My source is a patented product, which is sealed against moisture intrusion and when installed properly can be used as running/signal light augmentation. Easy installation, with all materials needed included in kits. There will even be electronic diagram included for guidance. A white-light unit will also be available for use as license plate illumation for any custom applications, as needed..

These modules will be Chrome Plated and the intended BMW bikes will be the K1200LT and R1200RT models

Matt Kas

13 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
12 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Pearl White

Laguna Niguel, Southern California (South Orange County)
"Riding Year around"

post #11 of 14 Old Feb 20th, 2009, 5:32 pm

The original posts are from October last year until yesterday. Checked the EzyMount web site and he doesn't have anything there. My guess this was an idea that went bust. JM2CW

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #12 of 14 Old Feb 20th, 2009, 8:14 pm

I'm not quite sure what you are after. Here's a short video of the mod I did on my '06 LT.

Turn Signal Mod

Once the video player loads, click on the large blue box in the center and it should play.

I have also done mods to the lower crash bar's to include running red's and turn signals, ground effect lights (both yellow and blue) and rear side markers with a splash to the rear for being noticed at night.

Not to mention the wig-wag rear sets from Kisan Tech.

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

post #13 of 14 Old Feb 21st, 2009, 6:41 pm Thread Starter

Cool Re: LED Running/Signal Kits

no not bust, just delayed.. i still have kits sitting on my worktable waiting for time to take everything apart and install.. I have been busy with 650/800GS stuff, have a full-time job and have to keep the MS happy too, so there just does not seem to be enought time to do everything..

I could just buy the kits and sell them, but wanted to at least use them myself, to make sure I am happy with quality before I recommend them to others...

Jim Lawson 2016 R1200RT
Retired to NC !

post #14 of 14 Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:18 am

Thanks for the update Jim. Didn't know what was going on.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in