Autoswitch for Motolights-last 3 questions - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Apr 27th, 2008, 12:45 pm Thread Starter

Autoswitch for Motolights-last 3 questions

I finally got the original harness problems figured out. The power lead was sliced under the rear passenger seat. I have two wires to figure out.

I have four terminals on the Motolight replay, all wires are black.
#1 two wires from one terminal go to ground
#2 one fused power to the battery
#3 one goes to on/off switch - to the key switched power source under seat
#4 I believe this goes to the lights - can't really follow the harness to see.

That sound right?

I have the 5NB AS kit. Their instructions state to connect the AS violet wire to one side of the relay. WHICH SIDE, since they all look the same?

The bigger problem is finding an alternative to attach the Orange wire that is supposed to go to the Brown wire with White stripe, on the right handlebar wiring cluster. I followed that behind and to the bottom of the right side radiator. Where it goes from there, I have no idea.

Is there somewhere else in the harness to attach that Orange wire to? If that can not be done, how best do I remove what is needed to splice into the harness, and that is done by what means? There is not enough room in there to used a [] looking splicer..... My vision gives me great difficulty dealing with anything at this distance to work on it.

This should be the last of what I need to tackle before putting this LT back together, once the rest of the parts are in. I am hoping now that the missing screws in the handlebar, were the cause of my vibration. If not, may have to pull the windshield once the rest of the bike is put back together.

Greatly appreciate the information. ;^/

Thanks!

Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Apr 28th, 2008, 8:23 am

Re: Autoswitch for Motolights-last 3 questions

Wayne, Check-out this site .... it should explain it pretty good.

http://www.autoswitch.com/2006/model...nb_index.shtml

It sounds like the orange wire is connected to the brown w/white strips under the handle bar covers with the red scotch-lok connectors. The violet wire is connected to the motolight switch lead that goes to the relay, use a scotch-lok for this also. Then mount your LED wherever you want.

Hope this helps

Pat Rourke
White Lake,MI.
2002 K1200 LTC, Champange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in