CQLight.ca Feedback - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 12:28 pm Thread Starter

CQLight.ca Feedback

Well, I installed my H7 & H11 HID lighting kit from CQLight today. Went pretty smooth & IMO is a decent kit.
I ordered online on a Thursday morning with Paypal and got the kit on Monday. That's from Ca to NJ using USPS, not bad.
The kit contains everything you need except velcro, which Home Depot has. I needed no mods on the existing setup except of the drilling in the lo beam cover and was able to hide all the wiring, ballasts & igniters with little problem. If you do both lights I strongly suggest stripping the tupperware like Raffy states. I tried it the other way and you just can't get into the nose assembly like you need to. I haven't had the bike out yet but just from what I can see it's a HUGE difference.
Here is a photo of my setup, complete with Piaa 1100's. Ain't no missing my bike now!

****The picture gets a little crushed on this site, but if you right click on the picture and copy the address in the properties to a new window it shows the original****

Last edited by edonthenet; Nov 22nd, 2005 at 1:07 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 2:04 pm

Cool Now that's some light !!

Yeah buddy,,,

Good Job

Spence

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:36 pm Thread Starter

URL update.

Fotki sucks. Here is a different link to my photo.

post #4 of 17 Old Nov 28th, 2005, 3:25 pm

Which Kelvin bulbs?

Looks Great! Which kelvin bulbs did you install?
post #5 of 17 Old Nov 29th, 2005, 9:49 pm Thread Starter

That is the 5000k set. I had to get used to them but now that I am I wish my car had them also. Maybe next year?
post #6 of 17 Old Dec 1st, 2005, 12:49 am

H7 and H9

I'm a bit confused from what I read the 05/K1200LT uses an H7 for the low beam and an H9 for the high beam.

what do you use for the high beam?

BushWacker

www.geocities.com/wackybush
"Let's ride we're burnin' daylight!"
post #7 of 17 Old Dec 1st, 2005, 5:14 am Thread Starter

They don't offer the H9 so on the forum's advice the H11 is also a direct replacement.
Ed
post #8 of 17 Old Dec 24th, 2005, 11:16 am

CQLight.ca Feedback

Ed,
Curious to find out if you are still a satisfied customer with your CQLight purchase. Have you had a chance to get any night riding in since your install?

Anyone else out there install the CQLight HID kit?

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Hi/Low kit for my 2004 LT. CQLight will charge $195 plus $18 shipping for both the H7 and H3 set up. Curious if there is any additional feedback before I make the purchase. Thanks.
post #9 of 17 Old Dec 30th, 2005, 8:35 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portguyofva
Ed,
Curious to find out if you are still a satisfied customer with your CQLight purchase. Have you had a chance to get any night riding in since your install?
Most definitely satisfied. I work nights so I was using them every night when I commuted with the bike.
The greatest advantage is anything reflective. You can read a street sign from 1/4 mile it seems and deer eyes glisten easily giving you a ton of time to react if you need. I haven't had anyone flash me on the lo beam but at the times some sucker just can't find the energy to reach up & turn off their hi beams, when I flash them they pay attention now
post #10 of 17 Old Dec 30th, 2005, 9:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by edonthenet
Most definitely satisfied. I work nights so I was using them every night when I commuted with the bike.
The greatest advantage is anything reflective. You can read a street sign from 1/4 mile it seems and deer eyes glisten easily giving you a ton of time to react if you need. I haven't had anyone flash me on the lo beam but at the times some sucker just can't find the energy to reach up & turn off their hi beams, when I flash them they pay attention now
Thank you Ed,
I'm placing my order with CQ tomorrow.
post #11 of 17 Old Jan 4th, 2006, 9:21 pm

Any delay when you switch high to low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edonthenet
There has been talk on the K1200RS site of not changing both high and low because of the time it takes for the HIDs to light do you notice this?
I am thinking of getting this setup for my bike.
Thank You!
post #12 of 17 Old Jan 4th, 2006, 9:52 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Some people were concerned about that, but the delay is pretty short so unless you're trying to flash someone there shouldn't be a problem. I didn't go HID high beam because I wanted a headlight modulator instead. That's much more useable in city traffic, and for high beam you can always just get good quality external driving lights.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #13 of 17 Old Jan 4th, 2006, 11:53 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwriders
There has been talk on the K1200RS site of not changing both high and low because of the time it takes for the HIDs to light do you notice this?
As meese stated there is a delay as the bulb is ignited, but it is hardly of concern. The bulb comes up immediately but is dim in comparison to the lo beam. But in < 1 sec you have usable light coming from the hi beam. I have the hi beam set pretty much to level with the bike, so it seems like infinite light coming from the hi beam, on my 05. I guess it has to do with the smaller lens are of the hi beam.
post #14 of 17 Old Jan 5th, 2006, 9:15 am

I have both low and high. When I flip the switch to high beam it takes just a little over a second to come up to power. If I just reach down and hit the monentary side of the switch, it lights up immediately.

JM2CW

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #15 of 17 Old Jan 7th, 2006, 8:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
I have both low and high. When I flip the switch to high beam it takes just a little over a second to come up to power. If I just reach down and hit the monentary side of the switch, it lights up immediately.

JM2CW
Steve,
You lost me. What do you mean by the "monetary" side of the switch.
Thanks
post #16 of 17 Old Jan 9th, 2006, 4:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portguyofva
Steve,
You lost me. What do you mean by the "monetary" side of the switch.
Thanks
He didn't mean "monetary" (or "monentary" for that matter) he meant "momentary". That's the lower half of the high beam rocker switch you can use to flash your high beams.

Cheers!

Bob Bacon
El Cerrito, (Northern) CA
'15 GTL-E in White
'09 LT in Blk "Weave II" 120k miles before it was totaled
'00 LTC+ in CR "Weave" 240k miles before it was totaled
MOA IBA HDDC CRS
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

post #17 of 17 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 10:48 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcommuter
He didn't mean "monetary" (or "monentary" for that matter) he meant "momentary". That's the lower half of the high beam rocker switch you can use to flash your high beams.

Cheers!
Thank you Bob!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in