MondoMotos MM10 LED Bullets/Skene IQ-175A - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Dec 8th, 2015, 11:03 am Thread Starter

MondoMotos MM10 LED Bullets/Skene IQ-175A

Finally ditched my halogen driving lights on my 09 RT and installed a pair of MondoMotos MM10 LEDs.

MondoMotos MM10 Bullet LED Auxiliary Light Kit (V3) | MondoMotos Motorcycle Lighting, LED Lighting and Accessories

I used the same mounting brackets under the oil cooler as I had for the halogens. The lights are small and came with a wiring harness and relay, but I just used the portion of the harness with the weatherproof connectors for the bullet lights and made my own custom harness to a switched circuit on the Fuzeblock FZ-1 and a selector switch on the left (no) radio panel.

Instead of using a relay, I installed a Skene IQ-175A controller and a weatherproof SPDT switch (on-off-on) and programmed it to give me 3 lighting levels (20%, 40% and 70%). When you go to hi beam the MM10s go to 100%.

Skene Design Motorcycle Visibility Lights

The controller can be programmed for Driving Light or Fog Light Mode; the difference is that in Fog Light Mode the LEDs turn off when you go to hi beam.

No Canbus adapter needed for this controller and lights, so I was happy....and a lot less current draw (1.6A total as opposed to 6A) for the same or better amount of light with a 25-degree beam spread.

The Alert feature on the IQ-175A is interesting...double-tap the hi beam and it flashes the LEDs for two seconds...will be useful for waking up a brain-dead cager, or getting the attention of someone in front of me on a group ride 😜

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Dec 9th, 2015, 10:15 pm

Re: MondoMotos MM10 LED Bullets/Skene IQ-175A

I ditched my halogen lights. Cheap and a pain in the arse. I'll be interested to see how these hold up. I would like to find an affordable option that lasts. Although the Clearwater stuff is nice the price is high but the Denali lights from tourtech is less it's still quite a bit more than these MondoMotos. Keep us posted.

2007 BMW R1200RT
2005 SV 650 "nekid"
post #3 of 3 Old Dec 12th, 2015, 9:47 am Thread Starter

Re: MondoMotos MM10 LED Bullets/Skene IQ-175A

Will do!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in