Add light that fit in the 2 holes underneath the nose ? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Oct 20th, 2005, 4:14 pm Thread Starter

Add light that fit in the 2 holes underneath the nose ?

Hello.

I own an "old" LT (not a FL that comes with the additional light underneath the low beam).

I was wondering if there's any external high beam that fit into the 2 holes underneath the bulb ?

http://i8.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/32/8d/b8_12_sb.JPG

Cheers,

Pierre-Alain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Oct 21st, 2005, 8:46 am

Not for the pre-05 bikes. Some folks have mounted auxiliary PIAA lamps there and either slaved them to the high beam or put an external switch on them so that they can be run with either the low or high beams.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #3 of 11 Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:40 pm

Garage
Aux lights in front fairing

I helped a friend install a set of oval lights in the two holes below the headlamp on his 03 LT. He picked em up at Wally World for about $22.00. They have a blue cast lens and look wonderful.
We picked up the 12 volts from the auxilary power connector on the right side. Just like the one on the drivers left except there's no connector in the fairing to plug it into.
We used a wire tap to tap into the hot wire. This wire is hot all the time so we ran this to a 30 amp relay, normally open contact, and mounted this on the cross bar behind the openings. We picked up the 12 volts for the coil from the running light wire. Got a ground on a bolt on the left side. Viola, when the key is on, the lights are on. Looks like it was made for it and man what a difference it made in the illumination. You could install a small off on switch in the coil side so they wouldn't be on all the time.

post #4 of 11 Old Nov 14th, 2005, 4:12 pm

Wink underneath lights

I own a 00' 1200ltc and would love to do that with mine can you send me a more detailed description of what you did to my email address. I am pretty much a novice when it comes to wiring.
thanks
you can reach me at [email protected]
kameron
post #5 of 11 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4mo
I helped a friend install a set of oval lights in the two holes below the headlamp on his 03 LT. He picked em up at Wally World for about $22.00. They have a blue cast lens and look wonderful.
We picked up the 12 volts from the auxilary power connector on the right side. Just like the one on the drivers left except there's no connector in the fairing to plug it into.
We used a wire tap to tap into the hot wire. This wire is hot all the time so we ran this to a 30 amp relay, normally open contact, and mounted this on the cross bar behind the openings. We picked up the 12 volts for the coil from the running light wire. Got a ground on a bolt on the left side. Viola, when the key is on, the lights are on. Looks like it was made for it and man what a difference it made in the illumination. You could install a small off on switch in the coil side so they wouldn't be on all the time.
How about a few pictures....TIA

Airborne "Never Forget"
Vonore, TN

2003 LT-E "HLZ BNZ"
2004 Rune "PNS EXTN"
1970 ZA-50 "JR"

post #6 of 11 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 2:31 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborneod
How about a few pictures....TIA
And maybe a model number or part number for the lights?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #7 of 11 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 2:41 pm

I hate to sound silly, but is there really a parts shop called "Wally World" like kr4mo said?
post #8 of 11 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 3:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezrae
I hate to sound silly, but is there really a parts shop called "Wally World" like kr4mo said?
Wally World = Walmart

Justin Case
02 BMW K1200LTE
97 Kawasaki Concours
81 Honda Goldwing

post #9 of 11 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 4:11 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
A bit of American pop trivia, which may not translate to those culturally-deprived outsiders. (Or are we the culturally-deprived ones? I can never remember. )

There was a 1983 film called National Lampoon's Vacation in which a bumbling Chevy Chase takes his family on a cross-country trip to the Wally World theme park. Chaos and hilarity ensues as everything goes wrong for your viewing enjoyment. That particular pop culture phrase has since been morphed into slang for WalMart.

There is a http://www.wallyscycleworld.com/ for discount aftermarket Harley parts, but beware of http://www.wallyworld.com/ as it is not family-friendly, and not at all what you might expect if you were looking for large discount retail stores.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #10 of 11 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 4:45 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Oh, CB in that Ferrari...now you have done it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #11 of 11 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 4:58 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffyK
Oh, CB in that Ferrari...now you have done it.
Nope, just wished I had, like many of us here I suspect. The Ferrari was nice, but I preferred her in the pool . . .

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in