LED Headlight Install - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Nov 8th, 2014, 11:15 am Thread Starter

LED Headlight Install

Since my right side bulb burnt out on my RT, and knowing how difficult it is to change the ride side bulb, I decided to purchase and install LED bulbs. The install took three hours which surprised me. I thought it would take much longer but find that working on the RT is much easier than the LT ever was. Even reinstalling the mirrors took little effort.

I ended up taking the nose off and working on it on the ground. The only difficult part of the project was getting the bulb clips back on. The old stock bulb has a recess on the metal base for the clip to secure it in. The new bulb is made of plastic and may even stick up a little, so time will tell how well I secured it. Also with the LED bulbs cooling fan, it made it that much harder to work on the clips. One nice thing with the LED bulb is that everything fits inside the bulbs cover.

I have attached a pdf file that has 12 pictures in it. The front of the bike was only 9.5 feet from the wall/door, so base your judgement on that.

I purchased the kit from here:
Lumen Exports - Aftermarket Performance Lighting and Accessories | See and Be Seen
Please talk to Dawn for pricing.

The information I found on the box is here:
NAO patent M7 Motor led, View Motor led, NAO Product Details from NAO Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com
If you are a dealer and order 60 sets, you can get them at a real good price!

I also just saw on the ADVrider forum, that riders are installing bulbs from here:
H7 2400 lumen LED Headlight bulb

From reading on the ADVrider forum, some say that the cutoff is better than HID (less blinding to other drivers) and that the LED seems to be brighter, only time will tell that.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LED_Installation.pdf (648.0 KB, 296 views)

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jan 17th, 2015, 9:53 am

Re: LED Headlight Install

The first time I watched the ADVrider video of the bulb being submerged, I thought the bulb was getting hot and the sound that I was hearing was the sound of it quickly cooling off when it hit the water...Didn't realize that it was the fan hitting the water! Very interesting...

I've never heard of an 18 month warranty! That seems to be their best selling point from ADVrider in my opinion! I would consider it if I still had my 2011 RT! The light cutoff is pretty sharp so, you shouldn't get too many flashings from the cagers!

Best Regards,
Rangerb3
2014 R1200RT Quarts Met Blue
Biloxi, Mississippi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in