****WARNING - www.CarXenonHidKits.com ***** - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Jun 20th, 2014, 4:03 pm Thread Starter

****WARNING - www.CarXenonHidKits.com *****

****WARNING - www.CarXenonHidKits.com *****

So, you're looking for HID lighting for your scooter or maybe your car. You find www.CarXenonHidKits.com on-line and find they have quality German manufactured conversion kits in the $110 range - and for your application. Pretty sweet deal. You call and place an order. You talk with David. You ask when the order will arrive, in fact you stress it MUST be delivered within a given timeframe. David assures you it will be there - in fact, he tells you for an extra $9.00 or so, he'll send it FedEx overnight. You continue to stress no less than five times, how important it is that the kit arrive on a specific date. David tells you it absolutely will be there. You believe him and pay for it all.

So you place the order - only to receive an email confirmation that it will ship - get this - "overnight (usually 1-2 days)" Say what? You call back and talk to David. You tell him again that it needs to be there no later then next day. AGAIN, David reassures you it will be there and he'll take care of it.

The next day - when it is supposed to be there - you get a FedEx confirmation that it was shipped - in this case - today, went FedEx Ground and is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, in this case June 24th by 1630hrs, not today, June 20th - as required, and promised.

In this case, the motorcycle will incur storage fees because the work can't be done in time for me to get it picked up Saturday - tomorrow. The earliest the work can be done now is Wednesday the 25th. I'm just short of a 500 mile round trip to pick the bike up and will be traveling for work Wednesday and part of Thursday, then have eye surgery Friday in Amarillo and will be unable to ride for at least 3 weeks according to my Dr. Therefore, the motorcycle can't be picked up for a month. Why not just put the motorcycle back together, pick it up and bring it back later? Easy - storage fees are cheaper than the labor to do that - by a lot.

Bottom line? This company has no integrity and consistently lies to you to make a sale. Right now, David won't return calls as promised to work with me on this. Frankly, there is no working with me on this - and I'm certain he knows it by now.

BE WARNED - AVOID THIS LYING P.O.S. COMPANY!

Pass it along.

Aikens - doesn't like being lied to.

Steve Aikens
2007 R1200RT
2015 R1200RTW
IBA# 442
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Jun 20th, 2014, 4:37 pm

Re: ****WARNING - www.CarXenonHidKits.com *****

Why don't you just pick the bike up and put the lights in your self IT does not take much time at all to put HID in; all you do is take apart is that little clippy thing on the back of your headlight drill the hole a little bigger and plug and play you might have a hour into it

Gary
2003 K1200LT
post #3 of 11 Old Jun 20th, 2014, 4:45 pm Thread Starter

You missed the part about time and eye surgery.

Steve Aikens
2007 R1200RT
2015 R1200RTW
IBA# 442

post #4 of 11 Old Jun 20th, 2014, 5:04 pm

Call credit card company and dispute the charges as not as described or delivered. Maybe they will get the message. Make sure they pay their own shipping to get it returned and by from another vendor. Xenon Depot, forum supporter has great products.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 K1200LTC Pacific -Blue moon Beemer

2007 VFR800 RWB Interceptor -current
84 Yamaha Venture Royal -departed
84 Honda 750 Interceptor- departed
76 Honda 750 four-departed
65 Pan head (gone)
72 Rickman 6 day Enduro

Too many farkles to list, if you can thinkem they maybe on it

BMWMOA # 189093
BMWBMW LOCAL CHAPTER Member
BMW MARS CHAPTER Member
BMWRA # 41568
post #5 of 11 Old Jun 20th, 2014, 5:09 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Having used true overnight shipping on several handguns, I can assure you that NOBODY in their right mind would pay to upgrade to overnight shipping for a customer on a $100.00 order. No way. No how. Unfortunately, you seem to be in a hole that'll take a while to crawl out of.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 Old Jun 20th, 2014, 5:39 pm

I second the idea of cancelling the charges. The credit card company will want a reason and it is: Services/merchandise not delivered as advertised. When the package shows up, refuse acceptance and tell delivery driver to return to shipper.

Doug Stracener
2011 RT polar metallic
Attorney,
MSF #127350,
Instructor, Motorcycle Safety Program Louisiana Department of Public Safety
NAUI Scuba Instructor #36288
Divers Alert Network Board member
post #7 of 11 Old Jun 20th, 2014, 7:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka5ysy View Post
I second the idea of cancelling the charges. The credit card company will want a reason and it is: Services/merchandise not delivered as advertised. When the package shows up, refuse acceptance and tell delivery driver to return to shipper.
+2

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #8 of 11 Old Jun 21st, 2014, 7:52 am Thread Starter

Whomever moved this post - thanks. I knew where it should have been but dumbassed it.

Sorry.

Steve Aikens
2007 R1200RT
2015 R1200RTW
IBA# 442
post #9 of 11 Old Jun 25th, 2014, 7:16 am Thread Starter

Update: The item never shipped. Called FedEx to verify the online tracking. After the call, they changed the Estimated Delivery to N/A.

I have filed a fraud complaint against them and asked my bank to reverse the funds paid back to my account.

I made another purchase from Lumen Exports. The lady I spoke with told me it would go out USPS Express overnight yesterday. USPS tracking shows it left Portage, IN and already passed through Chicago, with delivery today before 12 o'clock.

Steve Aikens
2007 R1200RT
2015 R1200RTW
IBA# 442
post #10 of 11 Old Jun 26th, 2014, 2:42 pm Thread Starter

Believe it or not, this POS decided to actually ship the kit. Once I saw it had actually MOVED, I contacted FedEx and told them the item was already replaced, he didn't meet the required delivery date - which was shown on the original shipping label, and I wanted them to stop delivery and return to sender. She checked the shipment and original label and sent the message to Albuquerque to not deliver and return to sender. Twenty minutes later, I received a call from the Albuquerque FedEx Hub Manager to advise me they had to message and the shipment would be returned to sender at HIS expense.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Steve Aikens
2007 R1200RT
2015 R1200RTW
IBA# 442
post #11 of 11 Old Jun 26th, 2014, 3:22 pm

A win for the good guys !!!

Doug Stracener
2011 RT polar metallic
Attorney,
MSF #127350,
Instructor, Motorcycle Safety Program Louisiana Department of Public Safety
NAUI Scuba Instructor #36288
Divers Alert Network Board member

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in