Positive Modifications... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Nov 8th, 2011, 5:56 pm Thread Starter

Positive Modifications...

Hey all you K1600 veterans out there....I have a long winter ahead of me here in upstate N.Y. and was wanting to maybe do some Mods on my k1600gtl....I want to do the F2P garage opener as well as the Stebel Nautilus horn upgrade. I have a few questions....are you guys placing the F2p under the right side of the Tupperware?I read that the high beam wires are easy to access there. Also, for the Horn ,is there a difference between the chrome unit vs. the black unit besides the higher price? You guys are placing the horn under the the Tupperware on the L/side in place of the original one ...Right? I also saw that there was a BMW cable to modify the existing horn wiring so that the wiring doesn't need to be soldered to....If there are any tips out there I would be thankful for your input...I will be sifting thru the older postings by you guys hoping to find my way.....Thanks, Kipper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Nov 8th, 2011, 6:01 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Positive Modifications...

Kipper, Check out:

http://www.k1600forum.com/

All of your questions will be answered. Several members of this forum also post there and the pictures and examples will walk you through the F2P and horn.

I put the F2P on the right side, below the speaker, inside of the plastic. Lots of pictures and explanations. I did the horn on the left side, in place of the one that came with the bike. There is an $18.00 cable that plugs into the existing horn, but I used the wires from the existing switch, a relay and wired to the battery. Not enough room for me to keep the existing horn.

I'll dig up a few specific threads.....

flash2pass:

http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-...or-opener.html

Horn:
http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-...tallation.html

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #3 of 3 Old Nov 8th, 2011, 6:10 pm Thread Starter

Re: Positive Modifications...

Thanks Dano....Got mine 10/14/11 and I am Just starting to think about where to spend the rest of my monies now....Luv the bike! Just need better weather....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in