Bluetooth schuberth C3 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 3:23 pm Thread Starter

Bluetooth schuberth C3

So, anybody have any suggestions on where to order the C3?

Thanks

Milton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 3:34 pm

Re: Bluetooth schuberth C3

I did extensive searches and the only thing that I came up with is a BMW dealer. I had mine for about a month and love it. I ordered it from my dealer and had them ship it to J&M Corp to install a headset. My dealer was just getting certified to install the headsets in the C3's and I did not want my helmet to be his "first". Coming from a AutoCOM system the J&M is superior in sound. It may help in that the helmet is so quiet. The only thing that I do not like with the helmet is that it still fogs up on the inside of the shield during humid or rainy weather. I thought they had a anti-fog coating on the inside.

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT - Sold December 2019
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 3:54 pm

Smile Re: Bluetooth schuberth C3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrevelino
I did extensive searches and the only thing that I came up with is a BMW dealer. I had mine for about a month and love it. I ordered it from my dealer and had them ship it to J&M Corp to install a headset. My dealer was just getting certified to install the headsets in the C3's and I did not want my helmet to be his "first". Coming from a AutoCOM system the J&M is superior in sound. It may help in that the helmet is so quiet. The only thing that I do not like with the helmet is that it still fogs up on the inside of the shield during humid or rainy weather. I thought they had a anti-fog coating on the inside.
Your face shield should be a two part shield, an outer faceshield with pinlock tabs and an inner shield that attaches to those pinlocks. (Note: the pinlocks are on the inside of the faceshield) This assembly works just like a two pane window, no fogging on the inside. It kinda looks funny when all around the inside shield it fogs up but not on the inside shield itself. I have had mine to 20 degrees and during a frog strangler rainstorm, found that my glasses fogged up but not my shield. Just my personal exp.

post #4 of 10 Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 4:33 pm

I got mine from Revzilla. Excellent service and they have a generous return policy on Schuberth's.

Regards & Ride Safe!

Bruce
'09 Black LT
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul.
IBA # 8547
post #5 of 10 Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 5:33 pm

When you do mail order on the C3 how do you know about sizing? Do the measurements on the Schuberth site work?
post #6 of 10 Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 6:26 pm

I find the measurements on the site were spot on for me, but I fell right in the middle for a medium. Not sure about those who fall close to the next size up or down. When I bought my C3 from Revzilla their return policy on the Schuberth helmets allowed for a free return if the size was not right.

Regards & Ride Safe!

Bruce
'09 Black LT
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul.
IBA # 8547
post #7 of 10 Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 8:03 pm

I have a C3 and I am a large according to the size chart and in reality I am an XL. The L seemed to fit OK until I had the face shield down and latched for over a half hour. If you haven't tried one on I would suggest that you. The break-in period is considerable, unlike any helmet I have ever purchased.

BTW, the C3 is the best fitting helmet I have ever purchased... even though I regretted buying it a few times. If I didn't spend so much money I would have given up on it.

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #8 of 10 Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 8:21 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswrap
When you do mail order on the C3 how do you know about sizing? Do the measurements on the Schuberth site work?

I got mine from Revzilla also. They have a very good sizing chart on their web site. I needed two Schuberth's so I ordered the first one for myself Then ordered the C3W for my spouse. Every order you make they give you a credit towards your next order so I was able to apply the credit for my purchase to my wifes and saved $30 on the second one.
These helmets are designed for a round head so if you normal fit is oblong this helmet will not fit you properly. As said before, Revzilla has a very good return policy. Try them out at www.revzilla.com Buy the way I usedn the Sena Bluetooth setup on mine I liked their features better than the Schuberth bluetooth, & you can use it on any helmet. Sena even has a hookup for earbuds to their system, & it is upgradeable. You can check them out at www.rocketmoto.com or www.senabluetooth.com

Jim Davidson
2007 R1200RT

Last edited by hp1bmw; Sep 22nd, 2011 at 8:27 pm.
post #9 of 10 Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 8:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasters
Your face shield should be a two part shield, an outer faceshield with pinlock tabs and an inner shield that attaches to those pinlocks. (Note: the pinlocks are on the inside of the faceshield) This assembly works just like a two pane window, no fogging on the inside. It kinda looks funny when all around the inside shield it fogs up but not on the inside shield itself. I have had mine to 20 degrees and during a frog strangler rainstorm, found that my glasses fogged up but not my shield. Just my personal exp.
Thanks Bob. I will take a closer inspection of it.

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT - Sold December 2019
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 10 Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 8:56 pm

I ordered mine from an outfit in Germany, FC-Moto. I really wanted a C3, but was just not liking any of the solid colors. The European models have pretty sharp graphics. They are not DOT rated and apparently Schuberth USA will not support them, but that did not deter me. I got the helmet shipped to my door for under $650. I will point out that it took 3 months to get (it was backordered from Schuberth) and FC-Moto is not the greatest with communications, but they delivered in the end. They even shipped it via air at their expense due to the delay. I looked it up and the shipping charges alone were $165!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in