Communication - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Oct 7th, 2010, 9:42 pm Thread Starter

Communication

Any idea about communication system might be for the GT/GTL?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Oct 7th, 2010, 9:50 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Re: Communication

From BMW's official Press Release:

Quote:
Audio system with extended range of functions.

The audio system itself has likewise been newly designed. It has interfaces for MP3 players, iPod and USB stick as well as for conventional devices such as a CD player. These are housed to the right in the interior trim and available for the K 1600 GT as a special equipment feature ex works, while the K 1600 GTL has them as standard. With USB/MP3 and iPod it is possible manage a number of playlists. Alternatively, all titles can be played randomly. The selected volume level and current title are shown on the TFT colour monitor. External devices can be housed in a lockable, waterproof and ventilated storage compartment in the interior trim on the right where they are excellently protected from the weather. They are operated using the Multi- Controller and the audio control panel.

The radio function also includes the satellite radio Sirius XM, available in the USA and Canada, and offers a 24-channel memory. Channels can be chosen either manually in conjunction with the memory function or using the scan function which selects the station with the best reception (Autostore). The current channel is shown on the colour monitor. The speed-related volume control function can be set at three different levels. In addition to the functions provided by the Multi-Controller, the audio system can also be operated by four buttons in the interior trim on the left (audio control unit).
No mention of rider-passenger intercom. But it does have Bluetooth, and Schuberth has developed a pretty neat Bluetooth system that talks between its helmets, so I think that's basically covered . . .

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 4 Old Oct 8th, 2010, 3:55 pm

I used to use Autocom and Starcom and all those wired communicators. I've since switched to bluetooth communicators that install in the helmet and can't be more pleased. I can:

talk to my passenger
talk to my riding buddy on his bike with the same bluetooth Carda communicator
listen to GPS navigational instructions
talk on my mobile phone through it
listen to music with my ipod in my pocket and connected to the helmet.

So, a bike based communication device like the one on the goldwing is now redundant, and who needs wires from the helmet to the bike.. plus, you don't pay BMW prices for the communicator!

Last edited by fluffy; Oct 8th, 2010 at 4:13 pm.

post #4 of 4 Old Oct 8th, 2010, 9:31 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. Was not aware of the bluetooth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in