BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Just sold my NEW 2 week old R1250RT for a new K1600GTL

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  fleuger99 
#1 ·
I love the new R1250Rt but have been having the same issues with my shoulders and neck pain that I had with my 2016 RT. So today I spoke to my dealership where I bought the bike about the issues. We worked out on a great deal for a new 2020 GTL with Reverse that I could not refuse. Having owned a 2017 GTL and loved it so much I still had some reservations about the weight of it but that could be overcome with reverse great fitted. The only issue is that all BMW K 1600`s have a stop-sale on them at this time due to an issue with the Fork in the gear ox that could cause the rear wheel to lock up. So BMW won't release any new bikes till the new bikes have had the issue fixed in the factory or any that are in transit will be fixed on arrival to their destination by the BMW Techs. I don't have any real concerns about that as I know it will be fixed before delivery but I will have to wait till January 2020 to take delivery of the new bike. My dealer has offered to take my Rt back now so they can sell it without losing too much value by adding extra klms. He is then loaning me a K1600 GTL second hand that they have with low klms. on it till mine is able to be delivered. I can cancel my insurance for the new RT save a few dollars and won't have to worry about the rego wear and tear on the loan bike.
I know the last 2017 GTL I had was comfortable so with the addition of reverse I won't have a problem with the new bike once it comes in January next year. Plus an added bonus is that I have a pair of near new BMW optional Akropovick Slip-on mufflers sitting in my shed and a set of front and rear crash bars that are off my 2017. That will fit on the new. I am not one-bit concern about the Stop Sale so this should work out really well. The changeover deal was too good to pass up plus I love the GTL and with Reverse thats an added bonus. Meanwhile using the dealerships bike till the new one arrives in January saves me rego Insurance and wear and tear. .

See less See more
Reactions: Patric and cws
#3 ·
Thanks,

I had white with the last K1600GTL and loved it so when I bought the R1250RT I stuck with the white . I could see no reason to change again so yes you guessed it I ordered white again lol. Most of my cars over the years have been white too. Stands out with the cars around you more than a dark color plus easy to keep clean , might sound funny but somehow the white does not show the dust and grime like the darker colors. So It looks like it could be late December or early January before I can get hold of it as BMW won't allow the dealers to have any of the K series till they fix the Gear Box issue, but having a loan KGTL is fine and free lol.

#4 ·
You beat me. I had my 1250RT 3 weeks before I traded for a new Grand America. I got it right before the stop sale. The RT killed my back. Bought the GA, put a backrest on, and rode 1200 miles in two days from Ohio to Florida. Best bike I ever had, and I had most all of them.

#5 ·
I bought a new leftover 2019 R1250RT in May and had the same issue with my shoulders and neck riding the 260 miles home. Since though I've installed the Wunderlich bar raisers and that has completely solved my neck and shoulder issues. That being said, the K1600 bikes are fantastic bikes. Happy riding with the new wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.