BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Trade a GTL seat

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  goes2fast 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!
upgraded my LT for a GTL. Problem is because I bought it used, I was not able to choose the correct height of the seat.
I have a perfect 2015 GTL, low, factory seat. If anyone out there has a perfect 2015 High seat they want to trade with me, that would be the epitome of making lemon-aid out of lemons... not that the GTL is a lemon, on the contrary, best bike I've ever owned!!

Matt - San Ramon, California (near San Francisco)

#3 ·
Too bad there was no one looking to trade for a high seat for a K1200LT before I bought my low seat. The aftermarket seat that was on mine is actually a little higher than the stock seat I think as I was barely able to tippy-toe with it but now with the like-new low seat I bought from a salvage yard I can flat foot and I'm much more comfortable. I now have a leather Bill Mayer seat cluttering my garage.

#5 ·
If you haven't already done so, check out the K1600 forum for a much wider audience. I was able to pick up an almost new Kontour replacement seat for my GTL a few years ago for a sweat deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.