iPhone>Nav V > bluetooth headset? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Sep 26th, 2018, 12:01 pm Thread Starter

iPhone>Nav V > bluetooth headset?

My new GTL:

I can listen to music on a USB key plugged into the connector on the lower right side compartment, but I don't have any volume control. When I try to adjust the volume with the "wonder wheel" I get a notice "speakers are off" or something like that.

Options I am thinking of:

1) I have a Navigator V. Is it possible to listen to music on an iPhone by linking the phone to the Navigator V and then the Navigator V to a blue tooth head set. Complicated!

2) I have an old iPhone 4s which I would dedicate to a music device in the right side compartment, but would need to buy the BMW iPhone connector. Before I buy the thing, can someone tell me if that will allow me to control the music with the wonder wheel?

Any other suggestions for "simple" way to get music to a Bluetooth headset and have the WonderWheel volume control working?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Dec 5th, 2018, 9:48 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: iPhone>Nav V > bluetooth headset?

If you have a bluetooth headset; i.e., Sena or Cardo, you could listen to your music through the headset and control it through the headset. If you want to listen to it through the GTL speakers just go to the bike's audio menu and turn the speakers on.

Bob in the Sonoran Desert

2018 R1200RT Option 719 (Planet Blue Metallic)
2016 S1000XR (White) sold
2014 S1000R (Matt Blue) sold
2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blue) sold

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in