K1600GT Sport for slow speed work - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jun 14th, 2016, 12:44 am Thread Starter

K1600GT Sport for slow speed work

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I am considering a K-GT Sport, even though I do some traffic control work and Commissaire duties in cycling races. That can mean pootling along at 20-40km/h and slower stuff.

I have been looking at buying an RT, but my dealer has offered me a '16 GT Sport at a ridiculous price. I will ride it tomorrow.

Otherwise my riding is mixed and varied.

I am keen to hear thoughts of those who own a K-bike and their thoughts on its suitability for a days riding where there's a bit of slow speed work. Yes, it's a mothership, but I'm hearing just as mch about how it loses weight on the move.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jun 14th, 2016, 7:38 am

Re: K1600GT Sport for slow speed work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscoote View Post
I know it sounds ridiculous, but I am considering a K-GT Sport, even though I do some traffic control work and Commissaire duties in cycling races. That can mean pootling along at 20-40km/h and slower stuff.

I have been looking at buying an RT, but my dealer has offered me a '16 GT Sport at a ridiculous price. I will ride it tomorrow.

Otherwise my riding is mixed and varied.

I am keen to hear thoughts of those who own a K-bike and their thoughts on its suitability for a days riding where there's a bit of slow speed work. Yes, it's a mothership, but I'm hearing just as mch about how it loses weight on the move.

Thoughts?
I recently traded my '13 K16GTL for a '16RT. I've spent a fair amount of time on the K16 forum reading about other members who have used the bike as you intend. If you haven't already, you could ask over there for comment.

One thing comes to mind you might consider doing. The stock louvered radiator guard directly behind the front wheel is known to block some of the radiator cooling surface. Some members who needed greater cooling have successfully removed that radiator guard and replaced with a screen that protects but does not block precious cooling surface.

http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-...rad-k1600.html

They're great bikes.

Good luck,

Brian

Last edited by LATiger; Jun 14th, 2016 at 8:05 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in