CCR Not Just an LT Event - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jun 12th, 2015, 11:42 am Thread Starter

CCR Not Just an LT Event

The LT has been out of production for a few years and the K1600 has replaced it as BMW's flagship tourer. CCR was originally conceived as an LT gathering but over the last few years, the K1600 and the GS community has made its presence known. Back in 2000, we wanted more than virtual connections with other owners and collectively decided to have a physical gathering where we could meet fellow touring riders, swap stories, and address technical issues. Are K1600 owners interested in these issues now? Many participants of this forum may have come from the LT group but there may be many of you unfamiliar with CCR which offers seminars for rider education, help with technical issues, and an opportunity to enjoy a unique hotel-based gathering of touring riders. We call it a reunion, but about 30% of each year's participants are new to the event. There is a CCR forum on this site and CCR has a web site with registration and lots of event information. Just recently, the web site has been updated with information on the supporting dealer, a cooking demo, and our charity selection. 2015 Home

Wayne 'Doc' Edkin, Blossvale, NY
CCR Director, (Chairman: 2014, 2015, 2017)
'16 R1200RLC, '09R1200GSw/'16 CSM Sidecar, '05 K1200LTw/'09 Hannigan Sidecar, '74 R60/6 { '99 K1200LT (traded @ 62K}.

2000 First LT Gathering at The Gondola. CCRs: 2003 Gatlinburg, 2004 Breckenridge, 2005 Jackson Hole, 2006 Braselton, 2007 Osage Beach, 2008 Midway, 2010 Killington, 2011 Boise, 2012 Duluth, 2013 Bend, 2014 Chattanooga, and finally 2015 Coeur d'Alene.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jun 13th, 2015, 9:40 am

Re: CCR Not Just an LT Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by docedkin View Post
The LT has been out of production for a few years and the K1600 has replaced it as BMW's flagship tourer. CCR was originally conceived as an LT gathering but over the last few years, the K1600 and the GS community has made its presence known. Back in 2000, we wanted more than virtual connections with other owners and collectively decided to have a physical gathering where we could meet fellow touring riders, swap stories, and address technical issues. Are K1600 owners interested in these issues now? Many participants of this forum may have come from the LT group but there may be many of you unfamiliar with CCR which offers seminars for rider education, help with technical issues, and an opportunity to enjoy a unique hotel-based gathering of touring riders. We call it a reunion, but about 30% of each year's participants are new to the event. There is a CCR forum on this site and CCR has a web site with registration and lots of event information. Just recently, the web site has been updated with information on the supporting dealer, a cooking demo, and our charity selection. 2015 Home
Doc, I am glad that you brought this up. I am one of those that has been on the LT site since 2004 and have immensely enjoyed the CCR's and the other get togethers and have gotten to know a lot of great people on this Forum.

I have been a member of the GTL Forum for just over a year and it is good to see that some of the LT group have joined as well. There are a lot of folks on the GTL Forum that have never heard of CCR and may even be new to the BMW scooter club! I have gotten to know a few of the GTL folks by doing some riding with them; just last month rode about 4 days with about 10 of them and not one of them has ever heard of CCR!

With that being and to answer your question, I would say the folks on the GTL Forum would be up for something like CCR and with all that it does, it should be promoted on that Forum.

Maybe because I have been on the LT forum for so long and have only been on the GTL forum for a short time, the community seems to be a lot tighter on the LT forum than the GTL forum.......just my .02 worth! Time will tell.

I would love to see CCR become a GTL thing as well and as you said, the LT has been out of production for several years now and most people are upgrading to the GTL, GT or the GS'.

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in