BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

New member with a few ??

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dasmith59 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Ray from Clovis, Ca and I just picked my my 2015 gtl and love the bike. I have a few questions;

-I only received one main key and one emergency key. Owners manual states that I should receive two. How many did you all get?
- I was watching a review on youtube and the GTL which was the "exclusive"edition and it had a light at the bottom of the bike that would light up the ground around the bike when turning it on/off. Do I have such a light? If so, how do you turn it on?

My apologies for not doing a search...a bit anxious!!

Thanks!!

#2 ·
Welcome, Ray.

I'm not sure about the keys, as both my GTL's were bought used from the dealer.

As to the under-bike lighting, that wasn't standard on the early K16 bikes. Not sure about the later ones, but it sounds like you don't have it.

There is a Floor Lighting kit you can buy from BMW, for around $125 total. It includes the LED, new under belly pan, and associated hardware. The wiring should already be in place if you have the Central Locking and Alarm on your bike, as that's what triggers the light itself.

I have one of those Floor Lighting kits that I can send you, for $95 shipped, if you're interested . . .

#5 ·
My dealer... The 2015 is keyless so you get the wireless authorization transmitter (or whatever they call it) and a plastic key as a backup for when your batteries die in the transmitter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.