Talked to my dealer today and he has a beautiful 2015 black/silver GTL just waiting for me to take her home. There is no better person to ask than those who own and ride the GTL for real, honest and candid opinions, so I'd like to get your opinions on a few things before I lay down the cost for it...
1. Why is there a thread on "Towing?" How often have you been left stranded and required a tow? I'm sure it's important to 'know how to tow' if needed but I've never seen a thread on any other site dedicated to towing.
2. Faults and Failures? I'm aware of the engine corrosion complaints and ECU recall on earlier models. Other than those two, what has been your personal experience?
3. Issues with Corporate on Warranty Repairs? Have they been responsive and reasonable or have you had to fight to get a warranty issue fixed?
4. Any nagging problem that isn't covered by warranty and just aggravates the crap out of you?
5. As far as doing your own maintenance, is there anything that is excessively difficult or just a PITA to perform? I do all of my own maintenance and have on my last 34 bikes, three of those being Beemers.
5. Anything else negative to say about the GTL?
6. Please add what you love most about your GTL --
I've heard so many good and POSITIVE things about this bike and believe it is likely the best motorcycle EVER DESIGNED AND BUILT! However, I want to know exactly what to expect so I'm not blind-sided by anything.
Appreciate your insight, opinions and knowledge! THANKS!