First 2,000 miles on the Exclusive - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jun 8th, 2014, 7:53 pm Thread Starter
King of the Castle

First 2,000 miles on the Exclusive

I just got back from a Curve Cowboy scouting trip to the rally hotel in Chattanooga. Did 1100 miles with the wife in back. All weather conditions including a gully washer and have nothing bad to say about the bike. Can you see the smile on my face. We've still got rooms available and there will be many GT's and GTL's there. Check it out.

Bruce

2012 Kawasaki Concours
2014 BMW K1600 GTL Exclusive
2006 Harley Road Glide

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jun 9th, 2014, 2:26 am

Smile Re: First 2,000 miles on the Exclusive

Thank you for your Feedback!

I have just join this forum. I am from sunny South Africa where we can ride through winter! English is not my first language so I hope not to offend any body!

At the moment I am riding a 2013 Triumph Rocket Roadster. It is really a special bike with unbelievable talk. But I am looking for more comfort, more luxury - special for the wife on longer rides.

I am looking at the GTL Exclusive and last week I arrange with a dealer to take her on a ride with the GTL E. (It is not a demo but somebody's bike) She complaint about the wind in her face. Accordingly to her it was worse than sitting behind me on the Rocket.

From forums I have picked up that the wind buffeting is really an issue since 2011. I have seen that people fit "aeroflow wings " and stuff to neutralized the buffeting. How is it possible that BMW could not have addressed this issue if the bike have been developed in wind tunnels to increase rider and pillion comfort?

I would really appreciate if you can give a more detailed reply from your pillion. After 2000 miles she must really be the person we would like to talk to!!
It would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
post #3 of 9 Old Jun 9th, 2014, 6:35 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Re: First 2,000 miles on the Exclusive

My wife has over 10,000 miles with me on my GTL & yes there was lots of Buffeting for her till I added the Aeroflow windshield & Aerowings. I also had my seat rebuilt by Bill Mayer Saddles. They raised me up about 3/4 inch & lowered the rear part of the seat so she is now tucked in behind me more. All normal buffeting is now gone.
I had to change the seat & windshield on my last bike (K1200LT) also. It is just what most people have to do on most bikes.

Stevie Shreeve

Last edited by katnapinn; Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:01 am.

post #4 of 9 Old Jun 9th, 2014, 6:47 am

Congrats. Just got 6K miles on mine (not an exclusive) since Feb. The only bad thing I can say is it wears out tires and runs out of gas.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.
post #5 of 9 Old Jun 11th, 2014, 9:32 am

My wife has complained about being too high with the stock seat. A Corbin seat has slienced that complaint.

I am similar to Steve in build and have looked at the way he has his bike set up and plan to add the Aerowings to my GTL also. This should alleviate some of the buffeting that my pillion feels. (Her only complaint now but with over 10K miles behind me, that is one complaint I can live with ;-)

I agree that the bike should not have to be fitted with after market farkles to alleviate the buffeting. That said, there is no equal from any other manufacturer that I know of.

[B]It STILL don't make me no nevermind![/B]
post #6 of 9 Old Jun 11th, 2014, 10:14 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelsmith View Post
Why does gas run out??
The control on the right twisted too far! = big smile but drains the gas tank.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.
post #7 of 9 Old Jun 12th, 2014, 3:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanugo View Post
I just got back from a Curve Cowboy scouting trip to the rally hotel in Chattanooga. Did 1100 miles with the wife in back. All weather conditions including a gully washer and have nothing bad to say about the bike. Can you see the smile on my face. We've still got rooms available and there will be many GT's and GTL's there. Check it out.
You bums should have called me and I would have let you all buy me and the wife dinner at the Foundry!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #8 of 9 Old Jun 12th, 2014, 9:01 pm Thread Starter
King of the Castle

The city was packed. River end going on. We went to big River brewing Co. Gutes Bier!!

Bruce

2012 Kawasaki Concours
2006 Harley Road Glide

post #9 of 9 Old Jun 12th, 2014, 9:01 pm Thread Starter
King of the Castle

RiverBend

Bruce

2012 Kawasaki Concours
2006 Harley Road Glide

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in