Broken right peg - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old Apr 10th, 2014, 10:43 am Thread Starter

Broken right peg

Well, I did it again. Dropped my '03 on her side this morning and the peg broke off in such a way that I am about 99% sure it couldn't be welded. Anyone here know where I can pick one up/or that has one they would like to sell me? I am so ticked right now for being stupid.

Ron Allan
Crystal River, FL
IBA 41994
VBA 291

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old Apr 10th, 2014, 1:01 pm

Re: Broken right peg

In a pinch, you can use this repair method. Used a large nut and bolt to do a temporary fix (this is a friend's bike - he'd had a get off on a curvy mountain road that had some sand on it - note that the passenger peg got snapped off too). Luckily there was a local M/C dealership that drilled the hole.

It worked so well, that he would have left it like that, if not for the cosmetics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8310332.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	52729  

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
post #3 of 17 Old Apr 10th, 2014, 1:04 pm Thread Starter

The bracket on the bike is intact put the actual peg was broken. Both tabs broke off.

Ron Allan
Crystal River, FL
IBA 41994
VBA 291

post #4 of 17 Old Apr 10th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachA View Post
The bracket on the bike is intact put the actual peg was broken. Both tabs broke off.
Right or left? They aren't the same!

====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====
post #5 of 17 Old Apr 10th, 2014, 7:43 pm

I posted a WANTED in the classified section several days ago. I need a right front foot peg just like CoachA. Unfortunately there have been no responses. Beemerboneyard and rubbersideup have struck out too. Does anyone have two? He's first.

I also need both of the chrome & plastic wings and MAY need the pipe-like brackets that the wings cover. Mine are bent upwards, and I don't think they should be.
post #6 of 17 Old Apr 10th, 2014, 7:50 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernvernvern View Post
Right or left? They aren't the same!
What part of the subject "broken RIGHT peg" wasn't clear?

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

post #7 of 17 Old Apr 10th, 2014, 8:37 pm

Talking Re: Broken right peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
What part of the subject "broken RIGHT peg" wasn't clear?
I guess you didn't see what I quoted. It didn't say which peg. I NEVER read all the posts. Most times it's a waste of time since the posts don't always stay on topic.
Just saying!
We all can't be as sharp as you, I guess. Sorry if you had to make such a helpful post.

====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====
post #8 of 17 Old Apr 10th, 2014, 9:47 pm

Quote:
I guess you didn't see what I quoted. It didn't say which peg. I NEVER read all the posts. Most times it's a waste of time since the posts don't always stay on topic.
Just saying!
We all can't be as sharp as you, I guess. Sorry if you had to make such a helpful post.
Think what he was referring to was the title of the thread....broken right peg....

__________________________________________________ _________
John aka Frank Nitti

2003 K1200LT-E
1993 HD Fatboy...Gone, But not Forgotten
2000 Honda Gold Wing/Motor Trike Conv.
MOA #186960

Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me; I want people to know 'why' I look this way.
I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.
Will Rogers
post #9 of 17 Old Apr 10th, 2014, 11:55 pm

Came across this in my daily Craigslist searches. Not mine and I don't know the guy, so buyer beware. There is a pic of a foot peg in the listing.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/mpo/4383649877.html

2003 KTM 525EXC
2006 KTM 300 XCW
2011 Suzuki 650 Vstrom
2009 BMW K1200LT
post #10 of 17 Old Apr 11th, 2014, 9:17 am Thread Starter

It's all good. I found one down in Tampa at a salvage yard. Eurosport quoted me $132 for a new one without the rubber cover. He told me to see if I could find a used one. Plus it would take at least a week to get here. I use my bike as an everyday rider.

Going to drive down after school today to get the part. If anyone needs the chrome plate, I will give you a deal on it because the peg comes with the entire assembly.

Ron Allan
Crystal River, FL
IBA 41994
VBA 291

post #11 of 17 Old Apr 11th, 2014, 11:46 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Just saying!
I did see what you quoted. I also saw the subject line right above your message that indicated which side was in question. I don't always read all the posts either, but I generally check the subject line since that is always there.

Don't get your panties bunched up. Just having a little fun.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

post #12 of 17 Old Apr 11th, 2014, 4:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaltrailrider View Post
Came across this in my daily Craigslist searches. Not mine and I don't know the guy, so buyer beware. There is a pic of a foot peg in the listing.
What he has pictured is a left rear foot peg and its chrome mounting bracket. I have contacted him to see if he has the right front peg as well as a few other things I could use.

Thanks for the hot tip socaltrailrider. (I tried to make that say social trail rider.)

I'm glad things worked out for you CoachA.
post #13 of 17 Old Apr 11th, 2014, 8:23 pm

CoachA

Hope you got the correct piece. I send you a PM but you must have already left to to go Tampa or where ever it was.

If it didn't work out let me know as I have just the peg or the entire front right chromed piece.

TC

Tommy
77 years old and gittin' younger
__________________________________________________ __
'07 K1200LT Black w/color matched Hannigan Europa II Trailer
'09 KLR650 heavily modified for the TAT

IBA #48786
MOA #164466

post #14 of 17 Old Apr 12th, 2014, 1:46 pm

MGMcAnik, I sent you a PM to your reply on the peg. Guess CoachA got what he needed yesterday.

Here is the RH Drivers Peg. $40 plus USPS Priority.
I do PayPal at [email protected]

Tommy

IBA #48786
MOA #164466

post #15 of 17 Old Apr 12th, 2014, 4:00 pm Thread Starter

I didn't see this until I had got back from Tampa last night...dang it. Thanks for the offer.

Ron Allan
Crystal River, FL
IBA 41994
VBA 291

post #16 of 17 Old Apr 13th, 2014, 8:49 pm

Tommy

I have sent you the $40 via paypal.

I have also sent you some pictures of my other needed items.

Last edited by MGMcAnick; Apr 13th, 2014 at 8:52 pm. Reason: added name
post #17 of 17 Old Apr 13th, 2014, 9:24 pm

Wow, now that's strange. I didn't get a message from PayPal saying I had money. I just sent you another email with the pics of the Top Left Handlebar Cover.

Chuck if you want it too just send me the difference and I'll put both pieces in the box tomorrow. If now, let me know and I'll just send the peg in a small USPS Box.

Thanks and I wish you success in getting all that back together.

Tommy

IBA #48786
MOA #164466

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in