Potential 07GT1200LT owner - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Apr 8th, 2014, 9:39 am Thread Starter

Potential 07GT1200LT owner

EDIT to preface my Subject line. Well first impression may not be good as I called it a GT and LT, sorry

HI, I have been reading through some of the threads and they seem to match some of the'potential' risks I was told about my 2003 RT. Final drive, clutch, etc. My wife sent me an add for a 2007 LT with only 6700 miles, I have a few photos and it looks great, factory GPS, add on lights at the front forks, looks like wings next to the windshield. I do all my own maintenece on the RT so not ag=fraid to work on the LT. His asking price seems very reasonable at 10,000.00

BUT I am short of inseam ; at 5'5" on a good day and 29" inseam, is this just too much bike? The weight worries me as i previously had a 94 Kawasaki Concours and it was a top heavy bike especially in parking lots. I will ask if the 6k maintenance has been done and look at the tires to see the date code. Anything else I should be wary of? The bike has been garaged all its life and I will probably at least look at the bike.

If this post should be moved ,please do so and inform me.

Thanks

Bob

Last edited by Bob03RT; Apr 8th, 2014 at 9:42 am. Reason: Incorrect Label for bike model
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Apr 8th, 2014, 10:39 am

Re: Potential 07GT1200LT owner

Bob, I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam and can easily flat foot my LT at a stop with the seat in the lower position. The seat has a 2 position high/low setting, so make sure you put it in the low when you go look at it.

It is a heavy bike under 5 mph, but sheds pounds quickly as you start moving. I'm probably in the minority when I say that the bike works fine for me in slow parking lot maneuvers.

I've only had this bike since December and I love it. If your wife rides with you she will LOVE it. My wife does ride with me which was the main reason I picked up the LT.

2003 KTM 525EXC
2006 KTM 300 XCW
2011 Suzuki 650 Vstrom
2009 BMW K1200LT
post #3 of 3 Old Apr 9th, 2014, 1:20 am

Re: Potential 07GT1200LT owner

I'm 5'11" also 30 inseam and with stock seat in low position i even had a slight bend at the knees, if you are strong you should be fine.. riding experience is key too.

K1200LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in