Finishing Winter project - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Mar 27th, 2014, 11:39 am Thread Starter

Finishing Winter project

Well, allmost time to button ol Calamity up. The info on this site was extremely useful in my recent maintenance and upgrade project. I replaced my old NAVII GPS with a new NAVIV which plugged right into my 05 CommII equipped wiring harness. It works very well but the GPS and music only plays through BT headset. The GPS will play thru the JM wired headset but not the music and either will play thru the speakers. The power on off works perfectly and sound of GPS works great with music or intercom prioritizing the GPS first over other sounds. So all in all 70 percent solution but good for me. Also changed, oil, FD, and gearbox. The gearbox drain is an absolute bitch! However, with advice here I bought 14mm hex socket drove the hex bit out of the socket and used a 14 MM ratcheting wrench that made it at least doable (after removing the exhaust hanger anyway)! No shavings in the FD so hopefully I will escape that problem! Adjusted and lubed the shift linkage and bought some spares to carry. Decided not check valve clearance as not required now till 18K to will do later. Ordered Spiegler brake lines and will take to dealer to have them installed and brakes flushed obviously! Will then put back on thetuppeware. Saved the cost of the dealer doing this. Made him happy as he can get it in and out much quicker. Thanks to all for the great info here! Now if winter would just pack up and leave....I have places to see!

Dave T
I did not live to work....I only worked to live! Retired and living life our way!

K1200LT (Calamity)
06 Concours
03 Wing
99 Kaw Voyager
Suz GS850 (10 years! Too good to go)
Suz GS750
Honda 750F & CL,XL 350

Tags
gps, maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in