Another farkle/security item added - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Oct 9th, 2005, 2:16 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

Another farkle/security item added

Yesterday afternoon I spent a few minutes figuring out how to mount the weatherproofing box (bought from Aaron of H.A.R.D.) for a radar detector (mine being a Valentine 1).

I run my V1 on the right handlebar using the Trick Stick reservoir Cover for the brake, a RAM arm and a platform with a RAM 3/8"-16 ball attached to the base. On the V1, I have Velcroed the remote audio so I can hear the V1 audible alerts through my Baehr intercom/headset.

The weatherproofing box is not tall enough to accommodate both units. So I had to re-route some wires if I wanted to keep the V1 on the handlebar and relocate the remote audio box. I ended up removing the windshield, the nose cone cover over the instrument area, the BMR Co-pilot shelf, the handlebar covers and re-routed the 4-wire telephone cords from the V1 and the remote audio. I attached the remote audio under the Co-pilot shelf, ran the cord through the map-light opening (I have done away with the map light) and down and up through the steering head and followed the handlebar up to the brake reservoir. Routed the original power wire for the V1 up through the map light opening and into the back of the remote audio. So two telephone cords are plugged behind the remote audio and the audio feed line from the Baehr is plugged into the headset jack (audio out) to the front of the remote audio.

Used a RAM round base with a RAM ball and attached it to the weatherproofing box then used double sided foam tape and attached the V1 to the other side and put the cover on.

Tested everything before I reassembled the bike and all is well. Attached is a picture of the new cockpit.

Still have room on the left side of the Co-Pilot shelf for the digital camera or video camera

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lt cockpit.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	240  

Raffy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Oct 9th, 2005, 2:23 pm

Farkle consolidation may be in order. And I have just the suggestion. BTW, the bike looks very neat and quite impressive, so not meant to be a negative criticism.

1. As you are aware there's a small shelf available to the on the left side of the BMR that give you some more space.
2. By getting the 376C, you have not integrated GPS and satellite radio into a single entity.

Heh heh . . . just playing with your mind. Wanna see something gross, go to the GPS forum and see the picture of the 376C (mount only, unit in car) next to SPIII, talk about using the space on the BMR shelf. I sometimes worry about putting too much stress on the shelf!

Rgds
post #3 of 3 Old Oct 9th, 2005, 2:34 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member (ret.)

Yup. Seen that picture.

All I have to do is replace the tightening knob on the RAM arm and figure out a way to secure the top cover better.

If Aaron could make the clear windows tinted, I would opt for a remote display unit from Valentine 1 and add that under the shelf too. I guess I could buy tint material and do it myself.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

Last edited by RaffyK; Oct 9th, 2005 at 4:08 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in