The last Quality Bmw ever made . - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Sep 14th, 2013, 3:37 pm Thread Starter

The last Quality Bmw ever made .

After upgrading to a K1600 GTL and having loads of problems with it , i decided to go back to a K1200 Lt .
Im happy again with the LT and realise that bmw now produce bikes that are too Complicated and the quality is crap .
Im on my 4th Lt and i sure do think its the last of the quality Beemers that they made .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Sep 14th, 2013, 5:34 pm

Re: The last Quality Bmw ever made .

WOW, admirable.. i rode my friends K1600GT and i was not impressed, it is definetly not the ride for me, it felt small. Most definetly did not feel like an LT. I dont know whats next for me, my 09 only has 6000 miles on it, i hope i learn enough in the next few years to avoid having to depend on dealer.

GOOD DECISION!!

K1200LT
post #3 of 11 Old Sep 14th, 2013, 5:46 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesnumbnuts
After upgrading to a K1600 GTL and having loads of problems with it , i decided to go back to a K1200 Lt .
Im happy again with the LT and realise that bmw now produce bikes that are too Complicated and the quality is crap .
Im on my 4th Lt and i sure do think its the last of the quality Beemers that they made .
What problems? I have read about water pump and switchgear issues, but still seems more benign than FD, clutch, slave cylinder, etc. as plague the LT.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 Old Sep 14th, 2013, 5:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesnumbnuts
I have to agree with you on this. I am on my 3rd LT and I have considered changing...even to a different brand, heaven forbid...but I love my COUCH and I'm pretty certain I'm keepin her till death do us part.

Presently we are on a ride about...I'm callin it my "Solo Sanity Run"...and I have covered Indiana-Ohio-Penn-Upper NY-Mass-NH-Conn-RI and presently setting on Long Island for a few days with my old time buddy and his girlfriend. When I leave here I am headed to Va and possibly Fl...we'll have to see about the Fl part but it is a strong possible maybe.

Regards,
Woody aka SoberBiker

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
~Author Unknown~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'18 K1600 BGA (Yet to be named)
'16 Goldwing F6B (Traded)
'08 K1200LT - (Traded)
'07 K1200GT - (Sold)

post #5 of 11 Old Sep 15th, 2013, 5:23 am

A guy walked over to our group the other day and just happened to mention he was riding a K1600GTL. He pointed at my LT and said he had one also. Then he said if he could take the motor from the 1600 and put it in the LT he would have the best bike ever made!
I don't think I could disagree with that.

2005 K1200LT, Light Yellow Metallic
Ulysses member #60049
Fixed the cowbell replaced quick disconnects replaced stereo x 2 installed Trunk
latch kit installed DRLs performed minor service replaced rear shock Z-technic windscreen Wilburs front shock HID upgrade Serviced EHCS
post #6 of 11 Old Sep 15th, 2013, 2:07 pm Thread Starter

He,s right my Freind .
post #7 of 11 Old Sep 15th, 2013, 2:17 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJPinAU
A guy walked over to our group the other day and just happened to mention he was riding a K1600GTL. He pointed at my LT and said he had one also. Then he said if he could take the motor from the 1600 and put it in the LT he would have the best bike ever made!
I don't think I could disagree with that.
Same thought I've had many times!

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

post #8 of 11 Old Sep 16th, 2013, 9:26 am

[QUOTE=
Presently we are on a ride about...I'm callin it my "Solo Sanity Run"...and I have covered Indiana-Ohio-Penn-Upper NY-Mass-NH-Conn-RI and presently setting on Long Island for a few days with my old time buddy and his girlfriend. When I leave here I am headed to Va and possibly Fl...we'll have to see about the Fl part but it is a strong possible maybe. [/QUOTE]

Glad to see you are covering some previously un ridden states. It is always good when you are able to turn more states red on you trip log. Enjoy the ride and gain plenty of sanity...I am in dire need of a long road trip for therapy myself.

Ride Safely,
Steve

'09 K1200LT "Clyde"
'03 K1200LT (totaled out 3-16-11) "The Beast"
'97 K1100LT (104,000) "Red Ryder" (Sold Feb 2013)
'09 KLR 650 "Killer"
'05 KLR 250 "Lil' Killer"
'09 Kymco People 200 S "Wife's Trainer"
'09 Kymco xCiting 500i "Wife's next step"

It is amazing what a little "throttle therapy" will do for you.
post #9 of 11 Old Sep 17th, 2013, 2:16 am

Smile Re: The last Quality Bmw ever made .

R90
post #10 of 11 Old Sep 17th, 2013, 3:40 am

I've been on a 2000 Lt x 4yrs. daily rider and short trips and thought about a change to gt or something else then I remember why I bought the bike. The comfort of the ride has me hooked. The smaller bikes will beat you to death.
post #11 of 11 Old Sep 17th, 2013, 3:07 pm

I know a guy that gave up on BMW in the 1970s when they changed from steel to plastic fenders.

Kent Christensen
Albuquerque
'12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in