BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Thanks for all the Help guys!!

846 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  deputy5211 
#1 ·
I would not have gotten the 24K...(well OK 31K) maintenance done with out ;this forums info from all of you, and some tutorial cds I bought for the "major" maintenance needed for the ol girl.

I was beyond scared and a little worried today when I did a complete brake fluid change ABS and all, I did make a mistake and didn't do something right, went back to read some posts and found my answer!!

it took me longer to beat the 14mm hex out of the socket it come with than it did to change the tranny oil!

next is the valve check/adjust. but maybe another day, it will take 2 days to get all the plastic back on..

ON THE ROAD AGAIN!!

Thanks again Guys!!

#2 ·
bluebeam said:
I would not have gotten the 24K...(well OK 31K) maintenance done with out ;this forums info from all of you, and some tutorial cds I bought for the "major" maintenance needed for the ol girl.

I was beyond scared and a little worried today when I did a complete brake fluid change ABS and all, I did make a mistake and didn't do something right, went back to read some posts and found my answer!!

it took me longer to beat the 14mm hex out of the socket it come with than it did to change the tranny oil!

next is the valve check/adjust. but maybe another day, it will take 2 days to get all the plastic back on..

ON THE ROAD AGAIN!!

Thanks again Guys!!
If you have the plastic off now, might as well do the valves. The check isn't that bad if you know which end of a feeler gauge to use. Now, if you have to change some buckets as I did, that takes a little more time - mostly waiting for the parts to arrive.

#3 ·
+1 on checking the valves whilst you already have tupperware off.

Take heart, a few more times and you will have the tupperware back on in an hour or so. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.