Clymer manual question - - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 12:52 pm Thread Starter

Clymer manual question -

- true dat the Clymers for K1200LT has electrical schematic pages included? I had an OEM schematic that I didn't use for 12 years, so either donated it to CCR or gave it to someone (CRS, ya know!!). Nowwwww - need one. Have ole Toad tore down to practically just the frame and wiring harness - chasing smoking wiring somewhere. I have two OEM shop manuals, neither of which include vital electric stuff, so if the Clymers has a useful schematic, I'm ordering one. TIA for checking yours to lemme know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 1:03 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Clymer manual question -

Yep, Clymers has 47 pages of schematics for all years of LTs.
post #3 of 9 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 4:13 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

They are pretty close Dick and should be fine for your needs. I find them a bit rough on the eyes compared to the BMW ones but they do show the "big picture" better in the Clymer. So you are still chasing that smoking wire huh?

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 4:44 pm

what John said.........recomend a magnifying glass.........I need one even with my glasses on..........this aging just ain't for sissies......that magic smoke do suck.....

Jim and Cyndy
'03 Black..."Ol' Dollar"
TDMTT
post #5 of 9 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 4:49 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler
They are pretty close Dick and should be fine for your needs. I find them a bit rough on the eyes compared to the BMW ones but they do show the "big picture" better in the Clymer. So you are still chasing that smoking wire huh?
Hi, John - yeppir, still goin' colorblind trying to chase smoke and wire!! Had one issue isolated to the dash harness - bought a replacement harness and changed that out and should be good to go once I find where else I may have issues in ole Toad's main harness. Bought a main harness (I think I said that before?) and Bill and I are using that as a clone check between it and ole Toad's. So far, we've found a coupla things that don't jive, butt am continuing into the deep unknown!! Took the Motronic out to provide working room to continuity check wiring to all points relative to the front of the bike. Slow going, cuz it's hot in my garage after about 11:00 am. Butt, we're getting there. A good chance to replace a lot of the friction taping of wire bundles - tape wuz losing it's functionality. BTW - I do think I'm gonna have some of the alarm wiring (Toad doesn't have any) that the purchased harness has and I plan on sending that to you when I verify that's what it is.
Been at this project since Mar 20th - getting lack-of-riding fever!!! Bout ready to steal the 8 yr old neighbor's skateboard ---- then end of school came along and he's on it all the time!!

BTW - Bill and I have been talking about setting up a conference call with you one of these days - at your convenience - if we get severely stumped and are not having success in birddogging ole Toad's problem(s). Would really appreciate the opportunity to do that, and if it's ok, we'll give you plenty of notice - again, at your convenience. Just knowing that you're in the trenches with the wrenches is reassuring if we get to that point. Best always, John. Have a great visit at IH Lodge on the 4th.

And Dave Beck - thanks for the quick response today. Told me what I needed to know!
post #6 of 9 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 4:58 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palerider
what John said.........recomend a magnifying glass.........I need one even with my glasses on..........this aging just ain't for sissies......that magic smoke do suck.....
Hi, Jim - gotcha on the magnifying help and aging. Eye lady told me she's about max'd outta numbers to put on my lense prescriptions!!!
post #7 of 9 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 5:25 pm

prayers ascend Richard............best of luck..........J

Jim and Cyndy
'03 Black..."Ol' Dollar"
TDMTT
post #8 of 9 Old Jun 15th, 2013, 1:06 pm

Dick,

If copying the Clymers pages for you would be a help, I,ll gladly do it and send to you.
post #9 of 9 Old Jun 15th, 2013, 1:52 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesn
Dick,

If copying the Clymers pages for you would be a help, I,ll gladly do it and send to you.
Thanks a bunch, Les. Right kind of you. Had a couple of other offers likewise, butt decided I'd like to have a Clymers manual so ordered one.

Appreciate your offer, Les. Best always.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in