BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

GPS RAM Mount help

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  deputy5211 
#1 ·

Most of us know this mount on the later K1200LT.

I am trying to figure a way to mount my iphone to this mount since I have the GPS mounted somewhere else.

It seems that there is a RAM xmount that would work but it requires a flat mount BALL mount

I am looking for a way to mount this ball mount to the GPS mount

I was looking at this mount

But I cannot find the mount the fits the four holes on the built in / oem GPS mount

Anyone do such a thing?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

See less See more
#3 ·
Look at the Pana-Vise mounts. I find them FAR superior in design to the Ram mounts.

The tighten at each end rather than in the middle. Ball on a square mounts to the BMW stingray bracket perfectly. Small arm up to a Pelican i-series dry box for iphone or iPod. I use the 1010i for my Nano.

#4 ·
deputy5211 said:
Look at the Pana-Vise mounts. I find them FAR superior in design to the Ram mounts.

The tighten at each end rather than in the middle. Ball on a square mounts to the BMW stingray bracket perfectly. Small arm up to a Pelican i-series dry box for iphone or iPod. I use the 1010i for my Nano.
I would prefer NOT to use the pelican because I have had my iphone "overheat" while in my tank bag, under the plastic exposed to the sun. I would imagine that the Pelican case would make a nice "oven" and bake the iphone inside in the Florida heat.

The xgrip seems like it would allow lots of airflow.

In addition my phone is in a mophie case that is over sized and does not fit most cell phone holders.

#5 ·
That makes perfect sense.

STill, consider the PanaVise mounts, regardless of the type of mount you use to secure your phone. That was the intended take-away of my prior post, more so than the pelican.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.