Winter projects finished-thanks for help - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Mar 16th, 2013, 7:28 pm Thread Starter

Winter projects finished-thanks for help

I completed more work than I ever attempted, and many thanks for the help along the way from several of you, and hands on by a local member of the BMW club helping me bleed the brakes.

I had new brake lines made from

http://www.h-e-lusa.com/

and would recommend them highly. Good folks to deal with, wonderful product, and they are on, waiting for the slightest hint of spring in WI, which appears to be a while in coming

I did rear brake rotor, new brake lines, bled the brakes, all filters, all fluids, quick connects, and took a few small parts to be painted that were scraped when a 65 mph wind blew the bike over. Couple new chrome parts that were also damaged that needed replacement.

I'm saying this to show that if I can do this, anyone can. Folks who have left information here are so helpful, and I'm very grateful. I often worked with this site on the computer next to the bike to look up any questions that I might have.

Special thanks to H-E-LUSA brake folks-their incredible discount for being a little longer than promised was a huge surprise. The quick response to every question I had was always prompt. Thanks. You have a customer for the next set of lines that i need.

The bike has 103K, ready to go for another bunch of miles.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:23 pm

Re: Winter projects finished-thanks for help

I looked at their site. Looks home made with poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Hopefully they took all of the saved time and effort from their web site and put it into their engineering and production!

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old Mar 17th, 2013, 7:06 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebullock
I completed more work than I ever attempted, and many thanks for the help along the way from several of you, and hands on by a local member of the BMW club helping me bleed the brakes.

I had new brake lines made from

http://www.h-e-lusa.com/

and would recommend them highly. Good folks to deal with, wonderful product, and they are on, waiting for the slightest hint of spring in WI, which appears to be a while in coming

I did rear brake rotor, new brake lines, bled the brakes, all filters, all fluids, quick connects, and took a few small parts to be painted that were scraped when a 65 mph wind blew the bike over. Couple new chrome parts that were also damaged that needed replacement.

I'm saying this to show that if I can do this, anyone can. Folks who have left information here are so helpful, and I'm very grateful. I often worked with this site on the computer next to the bike to look up any questions that I might have.

Special thanks to H-E-LUSA brake folks-their incredible discount for being a little longer than promised was a huge surprise. The quick response to every question I had was always prompt. Thanks. You have a customer for the next set of lines that i need.

The bike has 103K, ready to go for another bunch of miles.

Dave

Dave, just for comparison purposes, what was the delivered price of the entire set?

Thanks, Robert.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

2000 K1200LT "Latifah"
1994 R1100RSL (wife's)
1981 R80GS
1976 R90S
1965 R80/2 Frankenbike (wife's)
2001 Bunkhouse LX (given to son)
2011 Bunkhouse Queen

post #4 of 5 Old Mar 17th, 2013, 7:47 pm Thread Starter

set was to be 275, or thereabouts with shipping. I sent my old lines to them, and they duplicated them, so few extra days.

They did not charge me at all since they were late in the order. I was surprised and thrilled.

That's right, free. Makes me want to go out and buy a few more 'necessary' things for the bike.
post #5 of 5 Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebullock
set was to be 275, or thereabouts with shipping. I sent my old lines to them, and they duplicated them, so few extra days.

They did not charge me at all since they were late in the order. I was surprised and thrilled.

That's right, free. Makes me want to go out and buy a few more 'necessary' things for the bike.
That sounds like some exemplary service to me. I recently replaced all my front lines with the factory stuff but if I keep this bike I'll have to keep them in mind for a set of lines.

02 K1200LTE (103K)
01 Honda Valkyrie (49K)
1998 Goldwing Aspencade (58K)
65 Chevelle coupe
USAF, E7 retired
(509-760-6382) if you are in the area and need help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in