Recommendations on Cover for the LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Mar 16th, 2013, 4:52 pm Thread Starter

Recommendations on Cover for the LT

Anyone have any recommendations on where I can find a good cover for the LT? been searching and not finding much.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Mar 16th, 2013, 5:45 pm

Garage
Smile Re: Recommendations on Cover for the LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kra961
Anyone have any recommendations on where I can find a good cover for the LT? been searching and not finding much.
Check out these guys I have used the Traveler for 10+ years.

http://eztouring.com/products.htm

Bill Jennings, fhp
Denison, TX

BMW States
BMW years and miles, 32 years 500K+

AMA, CMA, IBA, POG, MSF, FHP, etc

'99 K1200lt
'76 R900/6
Various Vintage Dirt Bikes
-Greeves (Sold), Pentons, Hodaka, etc.

Remember you are not lost till you run out of gas!
post #3 of 13 Old Mar 16th, 2013, 5:46 pm
Sit

Re: Recommendations on Cover for the LT

I use an Ultra guard half cover for my LT. I think it is called an classic half cover? I don't remember the exact name or where I got it. Just covers the top half of the bike so I don't have to worry about hot exhausts etc. Great for rallies etc to keep the sun and dew off of your bike/seat. Thin it was fairly inexpensive too.

2005 K1200LT-Ocean Blue
1989 K100RS - Blue & White
1992 K75S - Black
2013 Ural Patrol - Sold
2007 R1200GS-Granite Gray-Sold
2004 R1150R-Titan Silver-Sold

post #4 of 13 Old Mar 16th, 2013, 7:18 pm
Lifetime Supporter

My bike sets out all winter in Florida, & my old cover had some holes in it. So, I got a Dowco 50021-00 a few months ago. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GVEW8O/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . It is easy to put on with the zipper... But then ... I took my antenna off years ago, so I don't have to work around it. It is a little big to use traveling, but it is a nice cover.

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
2010 R1200GSA ...1987 Helix...
AMA Charter Lifemember
37 Year Member of both BMWMOA & BMWRA

post #5 of 13 Old Mar 16th, 2013, 7:29 pm Thread Starter

Thank ya Gent's much appreciated!

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #6 of 13 Old Mar 16th, 2013, 7:39 pm
Ted

Try Geza Gear.

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #7 of 13 Old Mar 16th, 2013, 8:45 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbill
Check out these guys I have used the Traveler for 10+ years.

http://eztouring.com/products.htm
I've had a Traveller for nearly 6 years and it packs small and works well for touring.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

post #8 of 13 Old Mar 16th, 2013, 8:58 pm

Wile traveling, I use the Ultragard 1/2 cover too. I removed the hooks and replaced with light weight rope and loops to attach over foot pegs. My buddy has a GW and tried on the LT, fit great, packs small with carrying pouch. Came from Motorcycle Superstore.
post #9 of 13 Old Mar 17th, 2013, 7:43 pm

It depends on what you want the cover for. Just to cover the bike up at work of for traveling. I have just a cheap cover from Menards that I use to cover the bike up at work so the sun doesn't beat it to death. It doesn't pack down very small for traveling so I also have a half cover that I can use for touring.

Marty Blok

99 LT
post #10 of 13 Old Mar 18th, 2013, 6:06 am

Garage

Geza makes a great cover but is expensive.
I had a Dowco cover for a few years as well.

My current cover- 5 year old $35 no frills cover from Wally World! Works well enough to keep the dew off the bike in the morning.

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #11 of 13 Old Mar 18th, 2013, 3:06 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Cool Re: Recommendations on Cover for the LT

I did a lot of research a few months back to find the ideal cover that I wanted for taking cross country. The cover had to be light weight, cover my entire 2007 LT, and pack very small. Most full size covers are big, bulky, and heavy. I finally settled on the Aerostich extra large cover. It folds up into an attached pocket so you don't need to lug around a case foe it and it is almost perfectly made for the shape of the bike. Two issues - it is expensive (around $154, and you need to remove and stow the antenna. I am very pleased with it and look forward taking it cross country this summer. Good lick on your search for one meeting your needs!
post #12 of 13 Old Mar 18th, 2013, 3:07 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Cool Re: Recommendations on Cover for the LT

I did a lot of research a few months back to find the ideal cover that I wanted for taking cross country. The cover had to be light weight, cover my entire 2007 LT, and pack very small. Most full size covers are big, bulky, and heavy. I finally settled on the Aerostich extra large cover. It folds up into an attached pocket so you don't need to lug around a case foe it and it is almost perfectly made for the shape of the bike. Two issues - it is expensive (around $154, and you need to remove and stow the antenna. I am very pleased with it and look forward taking it cross country this summer. Good luck on your search for one meeting your needs!
post #13 of 13 Old Mar 18th, 2013, 4:59 pm

Kra, I have a Beverly Bay Slivermax exlarge full cover It did the job for motel stays. (like New) Bike now has wider gurth and it won't fit, If you are interested please pm

Dennis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in