Garmin Zumo 660 or 665 and SCR from Schuberth - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Mar 9th, 2013, 3:24 pm Thread Starter

Garmin Zumo 660 or 665 and SCR from Schuberth

I know that this belongs in the GPS / MP3 section, but I am posting here to get the widest audience.

I have had 3 660 and two 665 from Garmin over the last 2 years and also a Scala Rider and a TWO Schuberth SRC bluetooth systems.

EVERY Garmin / Scala / SRC has had the same problem.

After 2 hours or so, the MP3 player starts to skip (it goes silent) for a few seconds. The player continues to "play" but no music or audio to thru the bluetooth speakers.

It skips and comes back in and then skips more frequently and then stays "silent" longer till it cuts out completly.

Like I said this has happened across 5 different Garmin GPSs and 3 scala/SRC systems

In fact jsut last weeek I just got a brand new SRC and GARMIN 665LM and went for a 3 hour ride today and after 2+ hours it started skipping. The ONLY commonality is my HEAD and MY LT.

It would not be so bad if all I had to do was re "pair" the SRC / Garmin but in the past it would start to skip right away and go out.

My iPhone plays music over the bluetooth for 10 hours thru the SRC but the Garmin fails misserably.

Now I am good at googling and cannot find ANYONE on ANY Forum that has experienced this problem.

I am reaching out to this wide audience to see if anyone CAN use their GARMIN and Scala/SRC for over 3 hours or longer of MP3 over bluetooth and NOT have it cut out like it does for me.

I am this close to getting on the bike in Orlando and finding the Garmin suport center in Kansas and showing them directly what is going on.

PLEASE let me know if yours works or what your experience is.

THANKS in advance.

Paul

2009 K1200LT The Черный заяц 2 March '12 -
2008 R1200GSA Dec'11 - March '12 (sold)
2009 K1200LT The Черный заяц Nov '10 - Nov '11 (sold )
2000 K1200LT Flying Purple Mile Eater May '10 - Nov '10 (sold)
2005 VTX1300s Nov '09 - Nov '10 (sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in