LT traded for Goldwing...a few parts available - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Feb 7th, 2013, 5:09 pm Thread Starter

LT traded for Goldwing...a few parts available

Hey everyone. Just wanted to thank you for 2 years of help and support with my LT. She was a great ride (especially having a white paint job - only one of 2 I've seen). She had just under 84,000 miles on her, no radio, no ABS, needing brakes and tires...and though I intended to fix it all, I found a deal I just couldn't pass up.

So, I traded her off for a 2007 GW. Gotta say I am seriously impressed. I know most here are find what you like and ride it like you stole it. I think I've found the GW to be a better machine for me personally (though it's only been 3 days). The power is ridiculous. The ride, though slightly rougher to me, is more comfortable with the Corbin seat it came with. The headlight is incredible...but we all know about the LT's subpar entry there. It's nice to have the radio. I don't really miss the adjustable screen (yet - it is winter after all). Locking and unlocking the trunk and bags with a key fob is a nice touch (though I know BMW has that now too). I personally like the seating position better. All that to say it's only been 3 days. Maybe I can come back later and give an update. You guys don't disown defectors right?

Anyway...Extras I've got left over. Just make an offer. I know about what they're worth so at least try to come close if you don't mind. I do have a few new farkles to purchase for my Goldwing after all! And shipping would be over and above your offer...just like eBay, be sure to figure that in. I'll give it a week or so before putting them on eBay/CraigsList.

Short Shield - it's got a pretty good scratch in it, along with some minor ones too. I bought it to see if I'd like a short shield to look over. Works well in the summer and the mountains curves, but obviously has it's defects.

Tall Shield - It's in good shape, though not perfect itself. I'd say 95% clear and good.

Passenger seat - it is stock, but original to bike. And previous owner(s) obviously left it out in the sun a little too much. It's got some decent cracking in the cover along where it meets the driver's seat. It's not so cracked you can see foam though.

Passenger back rest - this is the part that attaches to the trunk. It's like the above, cracked along the top edge. Also, not so cracked you can see foam.

Top trunk wrecked - it's pretty much garbage. I bought it to take off the passenger seat pad and to take off a speaker cover/arm rest. Knowing this is pretty much garbage, I'll sell this for shipping cost and nothing more. Someone better than me might be able to restore it properly and make a profit. Who knows?

I think that's it. I'll go back into the shop this weekend and look around for any other straggling parts. PM me for any offers.

Thanks again for several years of support and fellowship.

Oh...if you're interested...here's a link to the bike for sale. I hate to think of her sitting there all alone amongst these strange bikes, no other Beemers to talk to. http://www.powersportsofgreenville.c...28&pov=3081376

Associate Pastor, Pickens, SC
Director of F.A.I.T.H. Riders Ministry at my church

'07 BMW R1200GS Adventure - White (easily my favorite bike to date!)
'07 Honda Gold Wing - Metallic Silver
'99 BMW K1200LT - White
'06 Yamaha V-Star - 1100 Midnight Custom
'03 Yamaha FJR1300
'04 Yamaha V-Star - 1100 Classic
'99 Honda Shadow 750
'90 Honda Shadow VLX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Feb 7th, 2013, 5:19 pm

Re: LT traded for Goldwing...a few parts available

PM sent.

DW

"A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer."

BMW K1200LT "Carpathia"
Suzuki GV1400 Cavalcade "Paladin"
Kawasaki ZX14 Ninja "Shashka"
Kawasaki GPz1100 "Sicarius"
Buell S3 "Pazuzu"
Honda GL1100 Gold Wing "Aurore"
Honda PC800 Pacific Coast "Octavia"
Honda CB750F "Genvieve"

And other remnants of a misspent youth.
post #3 of 4 Old Feb 8th, 2013, 12:54 am

Congrats on your trade. I loved both of my Goldwings. They handled better than my LT. Also much quicker. However, I think the LT has a more comfortable ride, and has much better wind management. Obviously, the Germans have spent some serious time in the wind tunnel and the engineers put it to good use. The helmet shake at highway speeds on the wing was an annoyance, but not enough to not own one. Recommend the fog lights if you do not have them.

Perry

post #4 of 4 Old Feb 8th, 2013, 1:03 pm

congrats on the new ride, Power? you bet! excitement? not really...you be the judge, i found the ride to be pretty sedate compared to the LT. I found myself asking if I was missing the fun of motorcycling when I rode the GL.

RICH CANNON
2000 K1200LT "a great ride"
2002 GL1800 powerful, but boring..(gone)
1979 XS1100 (gone)
1986 VT500 Ascot (gone)
1972 Honda 500-4 (gone)
1961 Lambretta (way gone)
1962 Allstate Compact (gone but not forgotten)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in