Muth Mirror Mistake - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Apr 1st, 2006, 12:15 am Thread Starter

Angry Muth Mirror Mistake

I am in need of some help. After reading many threads on how to remove the mirror I managed to screw it up. Yes - I broke the Plastic "bracket" that holds the "ring" that attaches to my new Muth mirror. Does anyone know where I might be able to order the Plastic "pivot" holder of the round ring.. ( don't know the official name of the part - but I do know I broke it.. I am hoping that I don't need to purchase a whole new mirror.. (ouch).. If someone could direct me in the right direction - I would owe you a Pizza..
Scott

SMoore
2000 BMW K1200 LT
1998 BMW 528 I
1994 BMW 530 I
1991 BMW 325 IC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Apr 1st, 2006, 1:34 am

Not sure if it's different with the Muth mirror but the stock pivot is available from your dealer.
post #3 of 6 Old Apr 1st, 2006, 2:03 am
Cat Herder

Garage
Muth Help

Go here... http://www.kwmuth.com/techsupport/techsupport.htm
I had a chance to meet these folks at the SEMA show last year.
They already know every thing about your problem.
Just give them a call - they are a very nice group to deal with.

Tvguy

Tvguy
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye"
'11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD
'02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old Apr 1st, 2006, 2:27 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooretime
I am in need of some help. After reading many threads on how to remove the mirror I managed to screw it up. Yes - I broke the Plastic "bracket" that holds the "ring" that attaches to my new Muth mirror. Does anyone know where I might be able to order the Plastic "pivot" holder of the round ring.. ( don't know the official name of the part - but I do know I broke it.. I am hoping that I don't need to purchase a whole new mirror.. (ouch).. If someone could direct me in the right direction - I would owe you a Pizza..
Scott
Would it look something like this?

Or this?

Drop me a PM if this is what you need.

Ernie

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #5 of 6 Old Apr 1st, 2006, 2:35 am

Wink

If you are talking about the actual plastic on the back of the Muth mirror itself, give Muth a call. Like was mentioned earlier in the thread here, they are very easy people to work with. They actually replaced the early versions for us folks who were the first LT customers when it became known there was a weak point on the plastic. No charge!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #6 of 6 Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 12:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooretime
Scott
If you broke the little nib off the end of the gyroscopic ring like I did, you can do this as a quick repair until you can get a new one from BMW. When I broke mine, I came up with this and it lasted for about 2 months over rough roads with no problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mirror.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	2864  

So many toys out there, so little time!
2015 BMW K1600GTLE

2008 Piaggio 250 Betty's toy
2001 HD FLSTSI
1957 BMW R60

IBA #26695
RA #39456
MOA #150880

Always looking for more...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in