Acutally Bruce is just about right. You don't have to remove any of the telelever front parts to get the strut out. I learned how to do this with Grif over the phone as I was pulling my Ohlins off for a rebuild.
1. Remove the tupperware, radio stingray, the grey shield at the ignition switch.
2. Remove the right rear passenger foot peg plate.
3. Remove the tupperware above the foot peg plate.
4. Remove the rear shock. If you're not replacing the rear shock, remove the top bolt from the rear shock. BECAREFUL not let the black bolt and washer fall down inside the bike. BTDT
5. Remove the upper strut bolt. Nice if you have an air wrench for this.
6. At this point you might want to use a bottle jack and find a point around the front of the motor and start to take some weight off the front wheel.
7. Remove the lower struct bolt.
8. Jack up the bike until you can reach up inside the strut are and remove the bushing on the strut. You may have to move the lower end of the strut toward the rear of the bike and move the top of the strut towards the front of the bike to get it off. At least that's how it worked for me.
9. To reinstall, reverse steps listed above.
Good luck and Thanks Grif!!