radio cd - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 7:39 am Thread Starter

radio cd

I want to change my radio cassete player from my lt model 02,with a radio cd
player from the new model retrofit .Is it possible?Can BMW helpe me in this issue?
Do i have other alternatives?
Also i would like to know if there auxuliury receptor on the radio-cassete player?
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 8:00 am

I have heard of people doing that. It seems they said it wasn't real easy but I didn't pay much attention to just what they did. I have heard of people hooking up I pods but I don't have one of those yet so I am not sure how they do that.
post #3 of 7 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 8:09 am Thread Starter

Thank you for reply

post #4 of 7 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 8:23 am

Just my opinion...but I would suggest keeping what you have and buying an iPod with a cassette adapter and be done with it. The sound quality is that of the CD player, and the portability from vehicle to vehicle to anywhere is wonderful. And..you'll probably be money ahead in the end.

HTH

(Changing out your cassette player is not a big deal. I just think you're throwing money away.)
post #5 of 7 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 2:21 pm

Yep, you can do it. Just make sure you get a radio that's designed for the '99-'04 model machines. Part #65 12 7 675 190 and #65 10 7 681 942 are the 2 most recent replacement radios, and both have Version 7 software which will work with any RCU software version.

The cassette to cd radio swap on the early '99-'XX models will require part number:

# 65 21 7 661 914 (antenna adapter tubing)

The back of the radio on the radio/cassette unit is different from the radio/cd unit. The antenna connection requires the above mentioned antenna adapter cable.

It's an adapter so you don't have to remove the current front antenna cable. Just plug and play!

And no, the radio/cassette model does not have the ten pin AUX port on the back of the radio.

Bill Edwards
post #6 of 7 Old Apr 1st, 2006, 10:00 am Thread Starter

I thing you have right.Jast i bay the cassett adaptor and i thing that make good job,
only who i can not change the songs from the control of handlbar but only from the mp3 and this is litle be dangerus when you ride.
Thang you
post #7 of 7 Old Apr 1st, 2006, 4:06 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Hi Danos,

Changing the radio from cassette to CD version will add the Aux input port. But this is for music input only. It will not allow you to control your MP3 player from the handlebars.

It will work almost the same as the cassette adapter except that you choose Aux instead of Cassette to hear the music.

If you want to control the MP3 player you have three choices.

1) Use a remote that comes with the MP3 player and mount it on the handlebars. Connect to your radio using a cassette adapter or the CD radio and an Aux adapter.

2) Use an RF wireless remote and an iPod. Connect to your radio using a cassette adapter or the CD radio and an Aux adapter.

3) Use an ice>Link adapter and an iPod. This will let the handlebar controls work on the iPod. But you will need the CD changer wiring to make this work.

I hope that helps.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in